Monday

Messy mail art (tutorial)


Messy-mail-art

Recently I've been getting a few of these large bubble pack envelopes (*ahem online shopping) so I thought I should make some messy mail art, fill the envelopes with some goodies and send them out to make some people happy. :)


I started with this standard bubble pack envelope which I covered with some white gesso to prep it for wet media.


Next I went in with acrylic paints and mists with stencils. 


 I also did some stamping.



Here is a progress shot of the front....


And the back...


I wanted to add some fun text so I stamped on tissue paper. There are a few reasons why I did this. One: I'm a terrible stamper (see photo for evidence...*LOL*). Two: The uneven surface of the bubble pack envelope makes it hard to stamp evenly. Three: I can "audition" the text before commitment to paper. *winks*


I also added washi tape to create a fun border.


Messy-mail-art1

Now to fill it with some goodies and mail it out!

Playing along with Creative Artiste Challenge.



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

great idea Yvonne, I have some envelopes saved (from the same online channel is myguess ;)) , will surely give this a try, love the messy !!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME! I love the 'blah blah blah'!!! LOL!!!!!!

Lisa said...

What a creative idea this is!! And it looks so amazing!! I love the colors!! Stunning, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

What a fun idea! And no risk, too. Such a great way to play and be creative.

Lizzyc said...

Fannntastic creating, messy fun and great re-use of the envelope!

Jane Royston said...

What a fab colourful project and looked like so much fun! Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month, Jane (DT) :) x

Audrey Pettit said...

On gosh, what an awesome idea, and such a cool recycling project! ❤️

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It