Friday

The one about Papa Yam and his mum


 


Apparently Papa Yam has a lot of things in common with his mum. 


Here I captured my dad and grandma eating bak kwa (Chinese pork jerky)...their mannerisms were so similar...like mother like son. *LOL*


Both are as stubborn as hell...and just want to do things their way. Grandma will be 97 in August.


Grandma usually wears pants...but this CNY she wore a dress. When I asked her about it, she replied in both Malay and English...which was hilarious because she usually speaks to me in Mandarin or Hokkien (Chinese dialect).

This layout came together super quick with the title work (roughly translated as Fortune comes to my home) being CNY decor. I just added red washi tape and a rabbit cutout (from a red packet) and finished with some stickers. :)

Happy weekend friends!


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

That's awesome! What a blessing that your grandma is still with you.

So you speak Malay, English, Mandarin, Hokkein, and Spanish?! I'm impressed. Any others? You do have a French name!

Doreen Vasquez said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Mitchell Jhonson said...

I really feel very good after reading your posts. Grand's parent is really a blessing to us. Good to see your grandparent still with you. Keep sharing more blogs with us. Now it's time to avail Luxury Limo Servcies in Los Angles for more information.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It