Tuesday

A little decorated paper bag (a tutorial)


A-little-decorated-paper-bag

So you know that I like t keep a backup stash of ready-to-go decorated gift bags right? Well, I've recently discovered that I was severely lacking in the small decorated bags category....(I mean who wants to get a big paper bag with a small pack of homemade cookies right? I mean we have to set the expectations right!....hahaha) which needed to be remedied as soon as possible. *winks*


I started with a small Kiehl's paper bag. I measured  and cut patterned papers and ran them through my trusty Xyron Creative Station for an even layer of adhesive.


I applied some watered down gesso to create a little white-wash effect on the patterned paper.


Then I went in with some pretty lace trim and Maya Road pearl trim.


Next I went in with a piece of broad ribbon to make it a single-handle paper bag. (Okay...you got me...I didn't have enough ribbon for 2 handles!)


I finished by layering and adhering diecut words, keeping to the same muted colour palette.


I kind of like this neutral, muted colour palette even though my brain was screaming for some colour! *LOL*

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the added pearls, and I would never have guessed you just didn't have enough ribbon!!!

Lizzyc said...

So pretty, a really lovely way to give a gift!

SD pooja said...

Looks Elegant !

Lisa said...

It's so elegant and gorgeous!! I love how you decorated the bag!! It's a gift itself...no need to put anything inside!! Fab tutorial, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Annette Allen said...

wow that is gorgeous.. love how you added the lace..

Lynn said...

Oh my, this is soooo-oo-oo beautiful. I love it! The color and trimmings make it extremely elegant. This bag is another of your winners!

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

This is so elegant 👌

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE it! The neutral palette is perfect. So elegant.

Audrey Pettit said...

I love the soft colors, too! Man, this is stunning!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It