Thursday

7 ways to use mists on your projects



I love using mists on my projects. They are a great way to create interest without bulk and the metallic ones add a lovely finish to your completed work. Of course, getting overzealous with your mists creates muddy colours so use them sparingly. *winks*

Here are 7 ways to use mists on your projects....

My-fun-family
My fun family

1. Ink splatters

Ink splatters add dynamism to your project without detracting from your main subject matter so try a few of them on your projects.

My layout is already very colourful but the ink splatters really help to convey the birthday party vibe.


Fall-inspired-mixed-media-tag
Fall-inspired mixed media tag

2. To intensify the colours already present on your projects.

Keeping to the same colour family creates harmony on your projects and is a great way to further intensify the colours already present so you end up with a really eye-catching finished product.


So-we-won-tickets-to-see-Kooza
So we won tickets to see Kooza
3. To serve as a colorant for adding fun elements to your background.

Add some fun stencilled background with mists to add a whimsical touch to your background.

These photos were taken at a circus so I thought a mish mash of unexpected elements played well to the theme.

More-messy-backgrounds-in-my-art-journal1
More messy backgrounds in my art journal

4. To add tons of colour to your background.

Wait for each layer to dry before adding more mists and you can get a really artistic and colourful background.


Celebrating-July-mahjong-marvels
Celebrating July's mahjong marvels

5. To add texture and interest without bulk.

Layer on a few stencils and create interesting backgrounds that look textured but don't actually add bulk to your finished project. Perfect for relatively flat layouts. :)

Best-wishes-mixed-media-card
Another overdone card

6. For a lovely overall sheen on your project.

You can add a subtle sheen to your projects with some light misting in the background.


A-latte-love
A latte love card

7. Create your own "patterned" paper.

Don't have any patterned paper that matches your embellishments? Create your own with stencils and mists that coordinate with your embellishments. 


There you have it. 7 ways to use mists on your projects. How do you use mists on your projects?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

Lisa said...

These are all amazing!! You use mist perfectly!! I get frustrated with mist because all of my bottles seem to clog and then run all over my fingers instead of spritzing the paper...if I can even get them to squirt at all :/ Thanks for the stunning inspiration, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these ideas!!!!!!! You always rock the mists!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

You're so good with mists. I rarely use them - I guess I'm too much of a control freak. ;)

Lynn said...

Thank you for sharing so many great ideas for incorporating misting in layouts. As usual your work is fabulous!

Shelly said...

Great tips, my friend! Thanks for sharing! :) And I hope you're sitting down because I don't have any mists...say what?!! LOL Though, after seeing your fabulous projects I just may need to change that. ;)

Audrey Pettit said...

You inspire me, my friend! Such great tips, and your projects always put a happy smile on my face!! Love your whimsical style!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It