Monday

First attempt at a ballpoint pen eye drawing using Staedtler ballpoint pens


First-attempt-at-a-ballpoint-pen-eye-drawing using Staedtler ballpoint pens

I was inspired to attempt a ballpoint pen drawing after seeing some incredible artwork done with ballpoint pens. (Yep, I did my first drawing on a credit card bill envelope...you know me, I recycle everything...*winks*)

First-attempt-at-a-ballpoint-pen-eye-drawing using Staedtler ballpoint pens
I picked up this pack of 10 colourful ballpoint pens from Staedtler (S$5 from Popular Bookstore).

First-attempt-at-a-ballpoint-pen-eye-drawing using Staedtler ballpoint pens

So...my initial thoughts on ballpoint pen drawing?

It isn't that easy to layer on the inks...you would need a scrap piece of paper to clean the pen nibs as you can get a bit of buildup once you start drawing. You need to start with the light colours because once you go dark, there's no going back. Keep your pen strokes consistent to avoid the messy pen stroke disaster I created. If you want to give this a go, buy a larger variety pack....several tones of each shade can help create depth in your drawings. I think I might bring some colourful ballpoint pens on my next flight. :)

Happy week ahead friends!


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Amazing, what you created with plain old ballpoint pens. Art comes from the artist and not the supplies. Thanks for reminding me.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks amazing! Loving how you created the shadow on her pupil!

SD pooja said...

You are so versed with drawing an eye that I think you can draw a it in your sleep too.I loved it !

Dr Sonia S V said...

Fantastic!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh, can't believe you did that in ballpoint pens! How you could figure out how to do shading is absolutely amazing to me. But then, you truly are amazing, so I'm not surprised! ❤️

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, amazing!! Wow!! So incredibly talented, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shelly said...

Amazing, my friend. AMAZING. :)
Have a great week! Hugs

Cindy deRosier said...

Amazing! I have no doubt that you'll master this medium in no time.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It