Monday

A mixed media eye from the art journal


A-mixed-media-eye-from-the-art-journal

Sometimes I like to challenge myself by bringing some rarely used art supply with me on a trip so that I'll be "forced" to use that art supply..(currently on a "low buy" for art supplies until my stash dwindles a little...yeah, I wonder how long that would last...*LOL*).


Anyway, I was in Taipei for 6 days last week and I chose to bring my Kuretake watercolours with me. I bought this watercolour set last March when I was in Tokyo and have only used it ONCE... because I usually bring my curated set of fave watercolours (Holbein, Daniel Smith and Schmincke) with me.


This one doesn't even have a skin tone colour so I had to do a little colour-mixing...which is what watercolour purists advocate. Some of these masters just have 6 colours in their palettes - all three primary colours (red, blue, yellow) in a warm tone trio and a cool tone trio. I hope that will be me someday because you know I bring wayyyyyyyy too much on my trips!*winks*


I did most of the eye in watercolour, added some white highlights with a Posca white paint marker and finished the details with coloured pencils.:)

Happy week ahead friends!


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee this!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Absolutely stunning!

Lisa said...

My gosh, stunning!! That looks like a real eye staring back at me!! You are amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

SD pooja said...

Wowser !!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Wow! I thought it was a photograph of your eye when I first opened your blog. Your talent is so amazing, Yvonne! And it is so cool that you challenge yourself to use certain supplies, too!!

Lizzyc said...

This looks amazing, I really think it is so life like that it was a photo, keep going you are really good!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I love your little self-imposed travel challenge. I try to do that sometimes, too, and it always feels good to use those neglected supplies. I know what you mean about the masters just being amazing with what they can do with so few colors. My DD loves watercolor, and she spends a lot of time making up color charts with different blends. Just the charts alone I think are beautiful. And I have to say, I am always completely mesmerized by your eye drawings! So much depth and soul! Huge WOW on this!

Shelly said...

WOW! Absolutely, amazing!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It