Tuesday

Somebody really likes to make cards...


Somebody-really-likes-to-make-cards

Now that the Gangster Gang [aka 3 nephews + 1 niece] is into digital media [games on the tablet], I see a lot less of them on Saturdays. I mean, I still hear them when they are arguing over whose turn it is, but I don't really spend time with them until they get bored and ask to watch something on Netflix. Or when they turn into "zombies" and I have to bring them out to the playground to get "unzombified". *LOL*


The first one to get bored is usually the niece. She would come to my room and just stare at me. Apparently, I'm a mind reader. *winks*

"What do you want?" I would ask her.
" I don't know." She would reply.
"You want me to tickle you?" 
"Noooooooooo....."
"You want to sit on my lap?"
"Yes."

Of course, having a child sit on your lap when you are drawing/painting/scrapbooking is not exactly the most ideal of situations. Especially when the child asks a lot of questions. And there's also the weight situation. I draw the line when I can't feel my legs anymore.

"Would you like to make cards?"
"YES!!!!!"


And that was how I got somebody interested in making cards....


Just look at her happy face...somebody really likes to make cards...;)


These days I'm challenging myself to really mix it up when it comes to patterns. Tucking in little bits and pieces here and there...


And then trying to pull the whole thing together with embellishments.


It takes a lot longer on each layout but there's a great sense of satisfaction when the little bits and bobs get used up. :)


Playing along with My Creative Sketches.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

11 comments:

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

aww thats cute creations and lovely layout

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How awesome! And her cards ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeee this page (especially the three birds!! LOL!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

She is just the most adorable helper ever!! I love her smile!! And her cards are beautiful, too!! What a gorgeous layout!! I love the mixture of patterns and embellies!! It looks amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mitralee said...

oh my! Loved that story just as much as the page!!! Nice embelishing!

Lynn said...

Your niece I a lucky crafter to have you for an aunty...inspiration and supplies! I love how your layout looks like it accidentally fell into place but I know that it wasn't that easy.

Audrey Pettit said...

Awwwww, I absolutely love this Yvonne! Such a beautiful layout, and what a SWEET story! I know just what you are talking about with losing kids' interest to tv and video games... until they get bored! :D Love that your niece has taken an interest in your hobbies! She is adorable! And I LOVE your mish-mash of elements on here!

Shelly said...

Such a wonderful layout! And what a cute story (sure sounds a lot my household/kids). ;) Adorable photos and her cards look fabulous!

Lisa said...

Oh my oh my... so very sweet... I don't know why it's been so long since I've been here, but I saw your face over on Julie's blog and had to come visit... this is an awesome layout and the story behind it. .priceless... made me smile big... have a wonderful day Yvonne!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love that you're passing along your crafting hobby to the next generation. Her cards are lovely!

Yvette said...

Such a beautiful layout and loving the story too! Thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Sketches!

Shizuka said...

Fun layout!! Thank you for playing along with My Creative Sketches!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It