Monday

Messy backgrounds in my art journal...:)



I like to use my art journal to experiment with my art supplies....try a little of this, layer with a little of that...and then let it all dry naturally overnight. 



Sometimes I wake up in the morning to a lovely surprise as the different supplies dry at different rates and create really really awesome textures...and sometimes I wake up to a terrible muddy mess. *winks*


Which may not be such a bad thing since I can start adding more layers to counter the "ugliness" and make another messy background. *LOL*


My art journal is the catch-all for leftover paint, drippy inks and residual mists.


I use my art journal to "clean" my stencils, test out the nozzles on my mists and experiment with outrageous colour combinations.


It's a great way to use your art supplies in a fun and unencumbered way. Just play!

What about you? Do you have messy backgrounds in your art journal?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh these look great, very arty and lots of fun... I need to get into a bit more of this free creating too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh these look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suman Pandit said...

I have more of messy backgrounds than finished ones in my journal ..lol..

Lisa said...

Wow, these are all amazing!! Each one is artistic and beautiful!! Love them!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

These are so pretty! I'd want to just leave them as is and not add anything more!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love the free abandon with which you approach art, Yvonne! You're not afraid of trying new things or of making "mistakes". I tend to worry about messing things up, and I need to get over that! 😆

essay best said...

This is a good suggestion to try out creative colour splashes on the art journal. I normally do not let them dry in my art journal but close it after cleaning. But will do it now.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It