Thursday

Current obsession: the Holbein Artist Colored Pencil


Current-obsession-holbein-artist-colored-pencils

So my latest art supply obsession is the Holbein Artist Colored Pencil...*winks*



I splurged on a set of 24 on a recent trip to Japan and wished I had sprung for the 150 set because I LOVE them so much (they are pricey outside Japan *insert sad face*). They are the perfect in-between compared to the Prismacolor pencils (which are soft and very fragile) and the Faber Castell Polychromos (which are harder because they are oil-based). The colours are nicely pigmented, blend easily and are lightfast. They are sold in sets of 12, 24, 36, 50, 100 and 150 and also available individually. I got mine from Sekaido in Shinjuku, Tokyo.


Here is the first eye I drew with the Holbein Artist Colored Pencil.


Here is a quick 5 minute sketch I did with them.


Coloured pencil application takes time and a lot of layers (like 10 -15 to create a "painted" finish) but it's a less messy art supply to carry around when you are travelling. Here is the in-progress shot of the eye in the first picture which I started while waiting for my flight at the airport. 

It's weird that I'm obsessed with coloured pencils now as an adult. I wasn't when I was a child. I was busy making clothes for my Barbie. *LOL*

What about you? What is your current art supply obsession?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Brookie is OBSESSED with coloring now! She has Prisma ... will have to check these out for her! LOVING those drawings! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Oh wow!! You have truly mastered drawing eyes!! These are stunning!! I have the entire set of Prismacolor pencils and I rarely use them. I'm not good at coloring at all!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

You've officially mastered the eye. Amazing job.

Lynn said...

Gosh, your drawings just get better and better. Now with the new color pencils they seem even more amazing. I will keep an 'eye' out for the Holbein pencils when I travel to Japan. I doubt that they will improve my drawing skills but I can always hope *wink* !

Audrey Pettit said...

Holy Wow, Wow, WOW! Your drawings are just SO amazing, Yvonne! You just put so much soul into your eye drawings that absolutely blows me away!

Karon said...

These are fabulous - the colours of the eye are amazing! TFS

Nauman Khalid said...

WOW...You've officially mastered the eye. Amazing job.

Tech News

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It