Wednesday

Burlap-covered box for Xyron



Burlap-covered-box-by-Yvonne-Yam-for-Xyron7

Hello friends! Not sure if you've noticed but I've been more than a bit obsessed with burlap of late...*winks* Given that I'm also into altering boxes...only a matter of time before I combine the two right?


I started with this well-used tin box that needed a face-lift. :)


Cut the DCWV burlap to size...I went slightly bigger because burlap tends to fray.


Then run it through the Xyron 5" Creative Station for an even application of adhesive. 


Adhere to box and trim off excess burlap.


Add washi tape to the edge of the box...[yes...I was totally excited that I had washi tape in the exact shades!]


Then pull out embellishments in your stash in similar colours and adhere with Xyron/Teresa Collins Clear Hold Adhesive. I love this adhesive because it holds strongly and dries clear. 


The only drawback is that you have to buy the entire Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit to get it...and everything is in pink..*winks at Julie Tucker-Wolek*



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

21 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Me likey! this is very pretty Yvonne. You are amazing with your talented skills.....

Nielouphar (Neelu) said...

My God that is pretty!

Lizzy Hill said...

Love these bright, happy colours...& burlap - what's NOT to love???!!!!!!!!!!!

Hussena said...

Wow !! I love love love this color combo combo and the gorgeous way you have upcycled this box using burlap :) ..This one is such a stunner !

Hussena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SD pooja said...

I loved this fresh colored burlap box Yvonne !!

Lynn said...

Burlap on a tin....so fabulous! The colors are awesome too. You applied the perfect embellishments. I'm keeping a mental picture of this project for my 'save it for a rainy day' file.....kinda like your rainy day stash only it's all in my head. LOL!

Sathya said...

Very Catchy color combo and so well embellished and great match of washi tapes!!!! Awesome makeover!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a unique , beautiful and stylish creation Yvonne--love it to bits!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

As it should be!! *wink*

I love love love love this!! LOVING that colored burlap and the way you added the washi tape to the edges!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

It looks great! I can't believe you had perfectly matching washi. Love the colors.

Caz said...

I have a thing for tins so this totally works for me :-P I love the colours!!

Joni Andaya said...

What an AWESOME face-lift tin gift box! Fabulous idea :)

~amy~ said...

Such an awesome alteration! I love the burlap!

Audrey Pettit said...

I love that you're on a burlap kick, because I love burlap, too. How fun it would be to have some in such beautiful colors like this. I absolutely adore your box! What a creative way to alter it. Love the two-tone burlap and love how you used the washi. And seriously fun and pretty collection of goodies for the lid!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! The burlap looks amazing!! You can turn anything into a work of art!! This is fabulous my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ella Swan said...

Lovely makeover. This really turned out SO pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Love how you finished off the edges with tape and the burlap of coarse!!

Ashley Horton said...

Fab project Yvonne! I love the mix of Green and Blue burlap!

Karon said...

Gorgeous altered box and love those colours of burlap. I really must see about investing in the Xyron machine. TFS

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Love the burlap! gorgeous box <3

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It