Monday

Working with pretty pastel colours...canvas memo board


Mixed-media-canvas-for-The-Crafter's-Workshop-by-Yvonne-Yam

I find working with pastel colours REALLY hard. It's not that I don't like pastel colours. But I'm always tempted to go a little richer and deeper...*winks*


Yes, the leaves would be me adding a richer and deeper colour...*LOL*


The leaves were created with Liquitex light modeling paste, The Crafter's Workshop Lovebirds stencil, Faber Castell Artist Big Brush Pen and Golden glass bead gel.


The word "Happy" was cut using The Crafter's Workshop Vertical LOVE Bunting die and covered with mica flakes.


The base was created with scrunched up wrapped tissue and Faber Castell gelatos. [Lizzy Hill, I finally used the Jo Sonja glitter paint we bought at the art store in Hornsby!]
____________________________________________


I had a little workshop yesterday and here are my "students" with their version of the pastel coloured memo canvas board.....all done im 3.5 hours.

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

15 comments:

Lynn said...

That is a gorgeous use of pastel colors. I'm sure your students loved making this work of art

Unknown said...

Wow!! It looks gorgeous! ! Love the pastel shades!!!

Lizzyc said...

Wow that is a wonderful little canvas board, love the pastel colors and love the ribbon with the bobbin too.. and to do it in 3 half hours is amazing!

Lizzy Hill said...

Well done to your class!!! They all look fabulous! And I'm glad you got to use that Opal Dust as it's REALLY lovely!!! And I sooo 'get' the not quite being able to leave it pastel problem:):):)

Annette Allen said...

wow great pastel coloring.. Looks like everyone had a great time.. love this canvas..

Shelly said...

Love! Your coloring is amazing! And all those little details...so sweet!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So awesome about the class!!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love the colors, the pearls, the clips and the spool!!!!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Super canvas project.... love the fun details to it...

SD pooja said...

GORGEOUS...is the Work ! Pretty colors ,lovely textures.Its hard to believe something is difficult for you Yvonne ! 3.5 hrs..give me 3.5 days n still I would not be able to create such beautiful Piece :) I love how you use embellies ,many but still uncluttered !

Audrey Pettit said...

I think you do pastels perfectly....or any other color or shade, for that matter. Your canvas is adorable! Love all the pearl accents and love the modeling paste leaves. The whole "clothesline" strip across the top is just brilliant. And how fun you had some "students" with you! I just love that!

Lisa said...

This is just spectacular, Yvonne!! The pastel colors look amazing!! The design and details are fabulous!! And all of your students projects are awesome, too!! Love, love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Louise F NZ said...

This is so beautiful, all the colours and texture are just stunning.

Lynnda said...

Your pastel canvas is absolutely beautiful Yvonne!! It looks so effortless!! You nailed it!! Congrats on your class!! Hugs x

Ella Swan said...

Saw this at TCW - cool that you held a little class! Was that at home?! Looks like the did great. I am crazy for the big brush pens!!

Patricia Grays said...

All things considered, It resembles an extraordinary perfect work of art and I additionally like these kind of craftsmanship's from the Artist, We Pay To Write A Research Paper dependably welcome the things which will be improved the situation the advancement of people to come and we ought to accomplish something interesting also like this.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It