Monday

Getting to know my creative process..


Mixed-media-canvas-with-old-lighting-parts
So my bloggy pal, the fabulous and oh-so-talented Julie Tucker-Wolek invited me to be part of a virtual blog hop to share my answers to the following questions:

1. What are you working on?
2. How does your work differ from others of its genre? 
3. Why do you write/create what you do?
4. How does your writing/creating process work? 




My creative process starts with an object. I have always been a collector of things. Pretty things, cute things, unique things... they all went into my "save-it-for-a-rainy-day" stash. *winks* Just this weekend, I dismantled some old lighting...and incorporated them in my latest mixed media canvas.



Even though I like to work with trendy things, these days I find myself drawn to seeing "potential" in found objects. And they've worked their way onto my canvases...and to my home walls as art. 



Like most, I struggled to find my artistic "style". I tried to "copy" popular styles with hopes of eventually finding one that would be "me". Good thing I realized that freestyle is a style too....not being pigeon-holed into a specific category opens up so many possibilities.



I love that I'm evolving as an artist...and constantly surprising myself on this journey. You can only have growth if you take chances. So experiment away! :)

P/s:  Next week, check out my teamie Mitra Pratt's post on her creative process. That girl sees potential in everything and her projects are one-of-a-kind collectibles. :) A big "thank you" to my bloggy pal Julie Tucker-Wolek for inviting me on this virtual blog hop....please check out her post and incredible projects.

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

26 comments:

Radhika said...

Wow!! Yvonne this mixed media canvas looks magical.. love the artistic involvement and experiments :)

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

This is totally STUNNING Yvonne! I am out of words for this vibrant and gorgeous canvas! I love what you used and the way you used it! I too love to use my findings on whatever I create. Recycling or better still up-cycling gives so much satisfaction. I love what you did with those wire cables.. couldn't have imagined in dreams that they could be used so beautifully!

Lalo said...

Gorgeous!!! I'm a "collector" but never made anything as nice as this with what I have.

Somdeepa Das said...

OMG, this is absolutely, utterly bril! Who would have thought of using these wires in a work of art? Because that's what it is. Its a work of art.

Lynn said...

Love your philosophy of creativity and how you find beauty in the unexpected. Thank you for generously sharing your ideas with blogland.

Lizzyc said...

I enjoyed reading a bit about you and your creative processes.. lucky there are no rules when it comes to scrapbooking!!

Caz said...

I'm still trying to find my style :-P freestyle scares me but I guess i should just go for it :-)

SD pooja said...

Oops..lighting wires ..I was guessing earphones..I have a bunch of them and wanted to use it..your project gave me the idea :D !! I love your unique style Yvonne and out of the box idea to use weird stuff beautifully !!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So excited to see your post!!!!! I just loved reading more about your creative process!!! And light fixture bits on your canvas -- GENIUS!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I absolutely love your unique approach to art and your creative process, Yvonne! You have a truly one-of-a-kind style that I absolutely adore! Love your "save it for a rainy day stash", as I never know what unique items are going to come out of it....like these lighting fixture parts. I would never think of stuff like this! But I love it, and I love that you inspire me to think outside the box!

~amy~ said...

check you out...some serious upcycling. awesome work!

Shelly said...

WOW! This is very cool! And how would have ever thought?!...Simply, amazing!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning!! Wow, what a gorgeous canvas!! It is amazing how you can take something like old lighting and turn it into art!! Fabulous and so inspiring!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Great post! Your style is absolutely one-of-a-kind. It's always so much fun to see how you repurpose items into cool and funky artwork.

Annette Allen said...

your incredible.. this is amazing..

lavina agarwal said...

Love the enigmatic look of your canvas! Some great up cycling there...

Ashley Horton said...

The colors on this are so gorgeous, Yvonne!!

Unknown said...

This looks amazing. I love the colors and the texture and how you find your inspiration. So Cool my friend.

Hugs~

Mitralee said...

I am viewing this on my phone which is a big mistake because I want to really eye ball this piece! Wires!!???? Wow!!! Wait let me get the iPad!

Sharon Fritchman said...

It was so much fun to get to know you a little better, Yvonne! I think the evolving artist you are and your freestyle! You always inspire me!!! Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

Lizzy Hill said...

Wow! Love how you used that 'creation' throughout your answers...nice to read a bit more about the Scrappy You:):)

MichelleMc said...

Absolutely brilliant! The textures and details are just incredible! And I love the vibrant colors!

sandi said...

Wow! This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I LOVE everything about this!

Ella Swan said...

Oooh that is one awesome canvas - wow!! Great to read all that about your process too!!

Ella Swan said...

Oooh that is one awesome canvas - wow!! Great to read all that about your process too!!

sannalippert said...

this si such a cool canvas! i have just recently started making them and I must admit it is quite an addicting procedure. love your creative ideas :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It