Monday

Marini's on 57


Marinison57

I finally got to check out Marini's on 57, Kuala Lumpur's highest rooftop bar and restaurant. It was lovely to sip cocktails at sunset hour and admiring the city's best views through the floor to ceiling glass windows.  :)


Now, I'm totally behind on scrapbooking on my travel pics, which you know, are mostly about food *winks* but I really wanted to use The Crafter's Workshop Skyline stencil ...*LOL*


I started by using Liquitex blended fibers with the stencil on my non-stick craft mat [when it dries, you peel off the whole thing..pretty cool!]. Then I painted it gold.


After that, I used the other part of the stencil with Art Anthology stone effects paint. Then glued the whole piece to my patterned paper base.
Playing along with Kreative Koncepts.



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

18 comments:

zenevak said...

This is so cool! Love your use of the stencil. Thank you for joining us at Kreative Koncepts(and just remember to add the sketch to your post to be in the running to be chosen as one of our Top 5).

Lizzy Hill said...

AWESOME...clever.....popalicious.....loooooove it & it would be a BLAST to be so high up in the city, too:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this!! LOVING that skyline!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgee, that skyline is soooo cool, Yvonne! Totally intrigued how you created that with the blended fibers, and I love the bold black and gold! Really love the graphic print you used for the background, too. What a great combination of pattern and texture!

Shelly said...

WOW! Love this! Your skyline is way too cool! And those drinks look pretty tasty! ;)

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is amazing!! I love the skyline!! Your use of the blended fibers is fabulous!! What a stunning layout!! And the bar sounds so awesome!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

~amy~ said...

This is my new FAV of yours...it's so striking!

SD pooja said...

I too loved the skyline..I thought you must have used cork board ...totally loved how you have created it !

Radhika said...

Awesome Lovely stenciling ..:)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the skyline, so cool!!

Miae said...

Ooo totally artsy! You can peel the fiber off?? Sounds nifty.. very creative use of the stencil!

Ella Swan said...

Absolutely TOO COOL!! Love your new medium & funky new stencil & you have used them both perfectly!!!

Karon said...

This is such a fabulous cool LO, love it! TFS

Evelin said...

Wow... I love this and hope to try out this method soon! And you know what? At first I thought it's 'Martini'! HEHE

Ashley Horton said...

This is so cool, Yvonne!! I really love the way you created the city scape!!

Cindy deRosier said...

So cool! One of my all-time favs of your layouts!

Lynnda said...

OOO Awesome !!Loving the Skyscraper!!! Hugs...x

yyam said...

Yep, you can just peel it off the craft sheet!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It