Tuesday

The embellished black wood monogram



Thanks for the encouraging feedback on my embellished white wood monogram. Here is the "dark" version with the black wood monogram. [sinister music plays in the background...]


I decided to do a tone-on-tone play with black.


I started with some black leather from an old bag that I adhered to the wood monogram with gel medium. Then I trimmed off the excess leather [now this took an extremely long time because apparently you need shears to cut through leather..]


Then I adhered lace using gel medium. The white under the lace you see is gel medium...it dries clear. Now, you can use any adhesive you want. I like gel medium because it gives me time to move an element around if I don't like it and it isn't sticky to touch.


Then I finished with a large black sequinned bloom and a Prima charm.

What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

23 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn .. the black one enters stage left dramatically *wink* :)

I love love love love this!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

It's amazing Yvonne!! I love it!

Ashley Horton said...

It's amazing Yvonne!! I love it!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Yvonne- what a black beauty!! Love the lace Especially
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Lalo said...

Black never looked so pretty!!! Love the leather upcycle touch!

Lizzy Hill said...

You sooo excelled yourself with this one! LEATHER, eh??? What a fabulous, left of centre idea:):):)

lisa said...

Really classy!!

dstandard said...

This is just as gorgeous as your white one! Fabulous!

SD pooja said...

Its Stunning !!

Shelly said...

Ooooh, very cool! Love the black!

Karon said...

WoW this is stunning. I loved the white one, but this is gorgeous too! TFS

Katy said...

This is sooooo cool!! I love how you upcycled that leather. And the flowers are a really nice touch! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE IT! I can't decide whether I like the white or the black better.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Love the black with the lace!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

WOWW! This is mind blowing gorgeous! love the look of the leather !So beautiful !

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the leather background!! This is amazing!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the leather background!! This is amazing!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Annette Allen said...

wow that is so cool.. i love that big flower too.. great designing..

Rose said...

stunning!!! love you "dark side" ;)

Joni Andaya said...

Love it in black!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow! How fabulous! LOVE your dark version of the altered Y, my friend! The leather is just amazing! SO fabulous with the bits of lace and that jaw-droppingly gorgeous sequin blossom!

Ella Swan said...

Ooooh la la!! Very glamorous! And yes I should imagine cutting through leather would be one tough job!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It