Tuesday

What's new in my life: October 2019 edition



Hello friends! It's been a while since I last shared the new stuff in my life. Time for an update!

First up is this lovely happy mail I got from my sweet bloggy pal Julie. She sent me baking supplies along with handwritten recipes! Can't wait to bake!:)


Next up are some art supplies I got from my local art supply store Straits Art Co. I wanted to pick up some gesso and matte medium (my fave for adhering stuff) but they were out of stock. So I picked up some Liquitex inks (I load these in my waterbrushes for no cleanup painting/drawing) and replenished my staple black and white Prismacolor pencils. Personally, I find it ridiculous to replenish these locally at US$2 each when I can buy a 150 set at US$88 on Amazon. Oh well, I will use these sparingly. *LOL*


Another local art supply store had their annual sale and I picked up a set of pastel pencils. After the discount, it was about 50% cheaper to pick up the box set as opposed to buying individual pencils so I was pretty happy with my purchase. (Except for the fact that the pencils are still sitting in the box, untouched for 2 months and counting...just waiting for someone to give them some love. *hangs head down in shame*)


Two weeks ago, I picked up a wax seal set when I was in Penang.They were on sale of course. ;) I intend to use them for this year's Christmas card envelopes. Well, intention and execution are two different things. *hahaha*


I also picked up some future art supplies in the form of current earrings from Lovisa. These aren't the best quality...but they are an economical way of incorporating trends in your wardrobe.




Of late I've been more into haircare...so I picked up some at a recent Sephora sale as well as at a haircare event. A belated birthday gift card from my cousin helped tremendously. Thanks F!


So I scored these freebies from a Guerlain event at Sephora! Their international makeup artist was in town and I signed up for a free consultation...nobody else turned up for my session so I had a 1-on-1 session! I learned a lot of makeup tricks (I asked lots of questions...*winks*) which I'll be sure to apply to my portrait drawing/paintings. *hehehe*


Tell me, what's new in your life?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwww I am so happy my box made it to you safe and sound!! I usually keep 'spare' boxes in the garage to use to mail stuff to peeps, but with Adam moving back home, I have less room in the garage, as it now has more storage in it, and so the box that you got, I was SO AFRAID it wasn't going to get there un-hurt!! LOL!! Loving all your goodies!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

What a wonderful gift! Does Singapore already have a pumpkin spice obsession, or is Julie trying to spread it worldwide? The ingredients are fun, but the handwritten recipes are a treasure. That Julie is good people, no doubt about that.

Lizzyc said...

Nice.. you keep yourself busy.. lots happening here, but not very exciting... show us the cooking when you do it wont you??!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW you are one lucky girl!!!!

Cheers
Dr Sonia

Digital Marketing Services said...

Kindly visit cdsol to enhance your online business.It is the best digital marketing company in Melbourne. It provides Web design and development services, SEO services, Social media marketing services and many more in Australia Melbourne.

Ethan Mathews said...

I found the best Telenor Internet Packages 2020 here along with the most useful Telenor whatsapp packages and Telenor advance balance code

carrepairingservice said...

I found the Turbomax. It is the best auto repair shop in melbourne. It provides best auto repair services in melbourne that inlcudes:
Brakes Services
Oil&lube Services
Muflers&Exuast Services
Tires&Alignment Services
Steering&Suspension Services
Transmission Services
Engine&Tuneup Services
Heating&Cooling Services

Earn Online With Apps said...

Ministry Of Labour working on the Laws of employees and working to pass that
laws and aware the peoples about there rights.Achkar law in Toronto & Ottawa is the best law firm.


Joseff Welsh said...

The best and fast services for you.You can use the wholesale Popcorn Boxes For your product.

georgedaltone said...

I have read your article; it is very instructive and valuable to me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.Bath Bomb Boxes.

Olive Starc said...

Great job! Your article is so informative. I really like it.
please read this
custom printed lipstick boxes

admin said...

Nice Writting Skill Love to Read Your Blog!
If You are a Telenor User Diffinately you will Need This > >> JTelenor Advance balance code

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It