Monday

Make Stuff Monday: repurposing some old projects



Well friends, sometimes I repurpose stuff thinking that I would use them once they are made "pretty". But I don't. Usually because of some design flaws that I discover only after the makeover.

Decorated biscuit tin
The decorated biscuit tin
Like this decorated biscuit tin. Because I spray-painted the tin and added the washi tape to the lid of the box, it made it really difficult to open and close the box. I had to be really careful to not tear the washi tape or scrap off the gold paint. Which meant this box never got used as a storage box....you know, too much effort...I still stacked stuff on it though...*LOL*

A-joyful-heart-mixed-media-card-by-Yvonne-Yam-for-LESSology
Mixed media tag for LESSology
Also, I made a LOT of mixed media tags over the years that were just sitting in a box, waiting for someone to use them. Like this pretty little thing.


So I adhered some pearl trim along the edges of the lid and added this gorgeous vintage embellishment to the top and bottom (thanks Mitra!)


Then I glued on the tag. I did add 2 gold sequins to "update" the tag.


Here's how she looks from the side....


And how she looks on my gallery wall....perfect for that narrow unadorned nook. *winks*


As for the main box, it is now a planter box for my plants.


Yep, still using plastic packaging planters. :)



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

Lisa said...

You altered them beautifully!! Gorgeous projects!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lizzyc said...

A wonderful re-purposing for the box and the tag looks great on your wall...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are a genius!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee how you separated them!!!!!!!!

Rose said...

LOVE how you are using the box for a plant holder........ very pretty :)

Lynn said...

O-U-So-Clever! I never thought to take apart my old projects that are just lying around for some reason. If I had some clear wall space, I would make a project wall too! LOL!

Cindy deRosier said...

LOVE the tag transformation!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It