Monday

Make Stuff Monday: CNY 2019 edition



Hello friends! Previously I shared with you some of the decorations I made for CNY 2019. Today I just wanted to share how everything came together. :)


I recycled last year's mini ang bao lanterns I made (one last hurrah for them before they go into the recycle bin) and hung them on the railing. The plant has a red ribbon tied around it for a bit of a festive flair. *winks*


Here is the CNY snack area in the dining room area.

I had to get creative with things I already had around the home so that I did not have to buy too many decorative pieces. Every year is a different animal year in the Chinese Lunar calendar so with 12 animals, it means you have to keep animal-specific decorative pieces for 12 years before you can use them again. I try to buy the generic stuff so that I can use them for a few consecutive years.


Here you see the hanging lanterns I made. :) 


A decorative nook with things found around the house...:)

There you have it, a quick look at how my CNY 2019 came together. Tomorrow is the last day of the CNY 2019 and then all the decorations have to removed/kept/recycled. I am so NOT looking forward to that...*LOL*

Happy week ahead friends! 


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!!! Everything looks AMAZING!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

WOW! You did a beautiful job. I can see why you don't want to take it down. I'd want to leave it up for months!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, they area all so amazing!! You did such a wonderful job on everything!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Md Solaiman Hossain said...

So great you shared post and it's also educative . Keep up sharing . Clipping Path | Remove White Background | Product Photo Editing

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It