Wednesday

Workspace Wednesday: Meet my makeup shelf :)



Back in June 2017, with 2 hours to kill before a musical, I walked into a Myer departmental store in Melbourne, struck up a conversation with a sales associate at Laura Mercier and started a new obsession...with makeup. :)

I listened attentively while she explained how to play with dark (to recede) and light (to bring forward) colours...and that I can wear any colour that I want as long as I could find/create the right tone for my skin colour.

As I applied the techniques that she taught me to my face, I also worked the same techniques to my portrait drawings. It is interesting how improvements in one aspect of your life (my facial makeup skills) can lead to improvements in another (dark/light values in my drawing/painting). I would forever be grateful to this sales associate...(Okay, I did buy 4 items from her...she was very good at her job! *LOL*)

Anyway, meet my makeup shelf. Just ONE shelf in my cupboard devoted to my makeup (skincare has its own shelf). There's no need to KonMari my collection because it has been carefully curated. I am big on sampling and I do a ton of research before I spend my money on beauty products because I am very conscious of what goes on my skin. :)

What about you? Do you have a makeup shelf?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I barely wore makeup before, but I have actually given up wearing it since my mom passed away. So no makeup area in my house :)

Lisa said...

You are so organized!! I have a makeup basket...I keep the things I use in there, but really, all I usually wear is a powder foundation and mascara. If I don't use mascara, it looks like I don't have lashes since they are so light!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

I almost never wear makeup. I wore a ton of stage makeup during my dancing years and have no interest in wearing it now unless there is a darn good reason.

Lynn said...

Interesting post...I am also a. collector of make-up . I guess those of us with an addiction to color just can't help wanting it all. Do you collect antiques too. Hope this comment gets to you. For about a week my password has been blocked.

sushma said...

The blog provided by you is very nice and it is very helpful to know the more information.keep update with your blogs .
Best Beauty Parlour in Visakhapatnam
Beauty parlour services in vizag
Best Beauty Parlour in Vizag

HDmakeover said...

You are the only person whom I follow for Blogs and Articles. You deliver your message and positivity in such a Great manner that it is easy to understand. Thank You and Keep it up.

Makeup Artist

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It