Thursday

My fave Befores & Afters from 2018



In 2018, I focused a lot of my efforts into reworking my old artwork/altered projects to give them a new lease of life/reflect my personal style.  Here is a round-up of some of my fave upcycled projects in 2018.

The-basket-makeover-by-Yvonne-Yam-for-Maya-Road4
The basket makeover (tutorial)

1. The basket makeover.

I've had this basket for like forever and the fabric that used to cover it was showing its age. Once I got rid of the old fabric, I saw potential to decorate it so that it became a showcase in my space instead of merely a storage unit. Now, it serves double duty as eye-candy storage. :)

This-week's-quick-paper-bag-makeover
This week's quick paperbag makeover

2. The quick paper bag makeover.


In 2018, I worked on upcycling the paper bags I've accumulated over the years (as part of retail therapy). It is very satisfying to use up stash and have a gift bag pile all ready for those last-minute gifts. This is one took like 15 minutes.
The-shoe-makeover
The shoe makeover

3. The shoe makeover.

These were a comfortable pair of slides but the faux leather was peeling away. Yes, the downside to a hot and humid climate. Nothing some fabric and some bling can't fix! Apparently, fabric prints on shoes are a trend in 2019 so I was ahead in the game! *LOL*
Mixed-media-proect-inspired-by-2018-Pantone-Colour-of-the-Year---ultra-violet
Mixed media box inspired by 2018's Pantone Color of the Year - Ultraviolet (a tutorial)

4. The Sephora fave lip product box.

This became a 2-parter kind of project. First, I painted a mixed media mouth on the box.
The-lazy-person's-mixed-media-canvas
The Lazy person's mixed media canvas
Then I added the mouth to a mixed media canvas for a 3D canvas look. :)

The upcycled Pringles can
5. The upcycled Pringles can.

A super quick and easy project that turned out quite cute! :)
Decorated box and gift bag for a visiting friend...a tutorial
6. Making an upcycled gift set.

What's better than upcycling one item? Upcycling two of course. And making them a matching set! *winks*

A-quick-upcycled-Christmas-gift-box
A quick upcycled Christmas gift box
7. Making a trio of upcycled Christmas gift boxes.

I had so much fun decorating one of these boxes because of its unique shape.

Two-more-quick-upcycled-Christmas-gift-boxes
Two more quick upcycled Christmas gift boxes
So I went on to decorate two more! :)

Reworked--mixed-media-girl-on-canvas
The reworked mixed media girl on canvas

8. The reworked mixed media girl on canvas. 

Remember back in 2015 when I started learning how to draw faces? Well, I've certainly come a long way! Hahaha. I prefer my current style soooooo much more!

There you have it. My fave Befores & Afters from 2018. Which one is your fave?

As always, the projects are linked to their original posts if you would look to take a closer look.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all fabulous ... but I think my fave is the Christmas boxes and the lips!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

They are all amazing!! Too hard to choose a fav, but if I had to, it's be the lips!! Or the girl on canvas!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

These are all great! I think my favorite is either the shoes or the lips.

Audrey Pettit said...

I swear you can alter anything! These are so awesome! Love them all, but particularly in awe of those shoes!!!

Lynn said...

Wow! Wow! and Wow! I LOVE your upcycled projects. My favorite is the basket, no the Xmas boxes, oh wait my favorite are the slippers, no I can't decide but I'll keep saving all my tins, Pringle containers, cookie boxes etc. Thanks for inspiring my hoarding. LOL!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It