Monday

Make Stuff Monday: The Rilakkuma Edition



Hello my friends! Happy new year! 

Today I'm sharing with you the stuff I made for my sister's birthday. (It's her actual birthday today!) Now, she really loves Rilakkuma so I thought it would be fun to throw her a mini Rilakkuma-themed family party. 

Never mind that in this photo you didn't see the cheesecake that was supposed to have Rilakkuma's face on it. There was the minor incident where someone didn't close the fridge door (not me!) and the no-bake cheesecake kind of "melted" and had to be reconstituted in the freezer for an after-dinner dessert and we had a cheese plate for afternoon tea. *LOL*

Just focus on the fact that my family just goes along with my shenanigans and poses for family photos that will make it to the family scrapbook album and provide years of entertainment every time that said future layout (er...I actually have to make this layout first) is seen. *winks*


It started with this birthday box of little gifts (including Rilakkuma stuff of course) that I wanted to gift-wrap. As usual, I had the grand idea to make my own wrapping paper design either by stamping or calligraphy but then decided that I should just create a Rilakkuma's head with felt because I thought it would be way faster.

Nope. Apparently symmetry is not my strong suit. Plus I didn't have the necessary felt colours and had to improvise with white gesso and a black Sharpie. *LOL*


Then I thought it would be cool if my sister had a backdrop of Rilakkuma faces to pose with her birthday cake so I decided to paint her a bunch of Rilakkuma canvases.


But of course, painting something "simple" is harder because mistakes become more apparent when there is little to see. I mean you can tell that I made Rilakkuma too "fat" here. Hahaha!


And of course my sister wanted them despite their obvious "flaws"!


I think she looks pretty happy eh?

What do you think?


P/s: Happy week ahead friends! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh, I'm all about Rilakkuma and a number of other characters, as well as all things kawaii for that matter! ;) So I absolutely LOVE this! You did an AWESOME job with everything!!
Hugs

Cindy deRosier said...

I don't know this character, but I think you did a fantastic job! It's adorable. I'm cracking up about the gesso and Sharpie. Excellent crafty MacGyver-ing!

Lisa said...

I think she looks very happy and beautiful!! Your projects are fabulous!! You did a wonderful job with everything!! And I'm sure the reconstituted cheesecake was delish, too ;) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lynn said...

You did a fabulous job on the Rilakkuma themed party. I love your paintings and wrapping. Thank you for the handmade holiday card....what a wonderful surprise to find it in the mail after our trip. I will display it in my craftroom for inspiration.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy birthday Sis!!!! LOVING that packaging!! I think it looks FABULOUS!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

Happy belated birthday to your sister!!!! These projects are ADORABLE.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It