Monday

Reworked: mixed media girl on canvas


Reworked--mixed-media-girl-on-canvas

Apparently you are supposed to keep ALL of your old artwork to see how far you've evolved in your artistic journey. Well, I most certainly am trying to erase all traces of my earlier cringe-worthy work by re-working them. *LOL* 

Like this girl that I drew back in October 2015. Can you believe how far I've come since then? *winks*


Honestly, I just don't have the space to keep all of my artwork. But I don't like to waste stuff either. So I've been reworking my artwork to make them more reflective of my current style.


Yep, I just slapped on some acrylic paint to cover up the "old" face and started all over.


Here are the art supplies I used to re-paint the girl's face.

What about you? Do you try to rework some of your older pieces to make them more reflective of your current style?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I think the re-do looks amazing!!!!! (but hey! the old version wasn't bad at all either!) I love that instead of scrapping it, you re-did it!!!!!!

SD pooja said...

I was about to say..how far you have come !!! Hats off to your patience and practice.I have to start redoing my old cards now;)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, Yvonne, this is such a cool post! How fun to see this side by side comparison of then and now! You really have evolved over the years, but I have to say.... I've always been so impressed with your drawing skills. I love both of these! One is more fanciful, and one more realistic, but both are amazing! Back when I used to scrapbook, I found myself pulling out my earlier books and absolutely hating what I was seeing. Even though they tell you not to, I started going back and revamping my earliest pages. But then I got quickly overwhelmed and thought that as soon as I finished reworking everything, I'd have to start over and rework the reworked pages. A never ending cycle. That's why I like cards.... they don't tend to stick with you for so long. ;)

Cindy deRosier said...

Wow - night and day! I don't tend to rework old stuff, but when I do, I'm always happier with the newer version.

Lynn said...

I can't believe you re-did the piece and it turned out very different but still the same and realistically pretty. The original piece had it charm though. I don't think I would have the courage to re-work my old stuff. I'm glad you shared the metamorphosis.

Lizzyc said...

Wow that is really amazing, you have grown so much, this face is so realistic.. well done...

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It