Monday

Make Stuff Monday: A quick gift bag (tutorial)



Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a super quick gift bag project. I used up quite a huge stash last year so I need to replenish my ready-to-use stock. *winks*


I started with this Kiehl's paper bag.


I measured and cut patterned paper to fit the front and back of the bag, ran it through my Xyron Creative Station for an even layer of adhesive and glued it to the paper bag.


I replaced the paper bag handles with ribbon. And added lace trim to make it a little pretty. :)


Then I went in with my hot glue gun and added some embellishments. I kept it relatively simple because the patterned paper is textured with glittered bits.


I finished with some washi tape at the edges to really secure the patterned paper to the bag as well as add a decorative element to the gift bag.





Share/Bookmark

Pin It

10 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful gift bag, Yvonne! The lace trim and felt bow are such pretty touches, and I love the pearl centers you added. The washi tape is a fabulous idea for securing the paper on the corners. Love that idea!

SD pooja said...

It looks beautiful !

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh this is GORGEOUS! LOVING the bow with the added pearls!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

So pretty this is Yvonne....love the blue shades you used
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Lisa said...

Your gift bag is so gorgeous!! I love the pretty papers and the lace!! The bow is a perfect touch!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is so beautiful! Love it!

Katy said...

This is awesome! So pretty!

Lynn said...

What an amazing transformation! I love the lace trim and ribbon handles. Thanks for reminding me to replenish my stash of decorated gift bags...my stack of shopping bags has piled up from the holidays!

Rose said...

oh so pretty and i love the pearls :) yup you are still the queen of upcycle!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very pretty!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It