Thursday

A decorated paper bag for an Aussie birthday gal (a tutorial)


A-decorated-paper-bag-for-an-Aussie-birthday-gal-(a-tutorial)

So last week, when I was in Sydney, I arranged to meet up with my bloggy pal Lizzy Hill to visit her at her new digs and check out the Op Shops. Now Lizzy and I met in person for the first time back in 2013 when I was last in Sydney. She was a regular bog commenter so I wrote her and asked if she wanted to meet up to go art supply shopping. We met at the train station and after ascertaining that I wasn't a psychopathic killer, promptly called her husband to prepare lunch and invited me to her home for lunch and to check out her scraproom. :)

We've been in regular contact ever since then. Yes, true friendships can be forged over the internet. *LOL*

Anyway, she mentioned that it was her mum Kay's birthday and asked if her mum could join us for a girls' day out. Since Kay was a regular commenter on my Facebook Fan Page, I was of course happy to meet her. And what's a birthday without a pressie right?


I got her a Kikki K leatherbound notebook and a pack of Uniball sparkly pens which fitted nicely in a box I had previously decorated. So I decided to make a coordinationg paper bag to house the box.

I started by measuring, cutting and adhering the patterned paper to the paper bag.



Next, I adhered pearl trim to soften the edges a little.


I used a Maya Road kraft envelope as the base for my embellishment cluster....


And as usual went ham on piling on the embellishments. *winks*


Even the copic marker came out to play....I dyed my white thread pink to coordinate with the embellishments.


I finished with some sparkly bits of course.


Here is the bag hanging from my chair.


The-last-decorated-box-of-2017
The last decorated box of 2017
And here is the previously decorated box to coordinate with the decorated paper bag.


And here I am with the Aussie birthday gal Kay along with her decorated bag and matching box set. Does she look happy? :)

P/s: It was winter last week down under...and ridiculously cold. I was wearing 4 layers including thermal wear. ;)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are the BEST!!! How sweet of you and how awesome to meet up with Lizzy's Mum Kay!!!! LOVING the photo of you two!!!!

SD pooja said...

Yes She does look very Happy !!

Cindy deRosier said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! She does look happy. Blog friends are the best. :)

Lisa said...

She looks so happy and honored to have such a thoughtful, amazing gift!! Seriously, you didn't need to put anything in the bag - it's a gift itself!! How wonderful to meet blog friends in person, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lynn said...

It is fantastic that you met up with one of your blog fans. The gift you made for her is fantastic too!

StirYourCreativity said...

That's a gorgeous color and amazing transformation! The birthday girl looks so happy receiving it :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh this is so cute and so wonderful to have a crafter friend you made online. I still regret that I was unable to meet you when I visited Singapore!!

Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sharon Fritchman said...

Awwwwwww! Yes, she does look very happy! What a wonderful gift and so thoughtful, too. Thanks for showing us how you made it, too!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh, how sweet! YES, she looks incredibly happy!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It