Monday

Revisiting old techniques - a girl from my art journal


Revisiting-old-techniques--a-girl-from-my-art-journal

When I first started my drawing journey 3 years ago, I was really into drawing whimsical girls on messy backgrounds. Then I sort of got sidetracked into drawing the eye with pencils and coloured pencils for most part of the last year or so.


I decided to revisit my old "style" and draw a whimsical girl on my latest art journal page....to see if I still enjoy the old techniques I used to employ.


The background was first "messied up" with acrylic paints, inks, spray mists and random doodles. Then I sketched the girl's face, painted her face with acrylic paint, drew in her features with inks, coloured her face with watersoluble crayons and added details with coloured pencils and paint markers.

It was fun revisiting old techniques I used to enjoy.

What about you? Do you revisit old techniques you used to enjoy?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh I loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING how you went back to this style!!! I have been thinking of the canvases' I used to make lately, but just no time :(

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning!! She's gorgeous!! The background looks amazing!! I'm glad you revisited this style because you are a master!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful job! I love revisiting older techniques. If it's been long enough, it's like discovering something new!

Heather McMahon said...

I love this! Yes, going back to old techniques can be very rewarding.

Mitralee said...

Super pretty! She needs an epic quote though, that can be your something new thing! Although maybe she doesn't because that would cover that pretty background! Hugs!

Audrey Pettit said...

She looks awesome!! LOVE how her face just pops from the background, and every inch that you look at is so interesting and deep and detailed!

Tyson Harold said...

Nice post.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It