Tuesday

How to fit multiple photos on a 12x12 layout


You know this scrapbooking hobby of ours? Well, it produces a lot of layouts. Which take up a lot of physical space. Which is why I've pretty much given up on the single photo layout (unless it's the only way to tell my story or if it's a gift for a non-scrapbooker) and try to fit in as many photos as I possibly can on a layout.

Here are some examples of fitting multiple photos on a 12x12 layout. :)

Cute-stuff
Guess who loves bags and purses? *winks*

1. Print small photos and punch them out with a circle punch.

Well, you know me and capturing micro-expressions. I just love how my niece S showed so many different facial expressions that I just had to include them on a layout. It's a great way to include the cute outtakes..if you look carefully, she actually looks directly at the camera for just 1 out of the 9 shots.


Never-a-dull-moment
Never a dull moment when these two are around...*winks*
2. Create a "scene" with a collage of photos taken at the same site.

Put together of "action" photos to document a fun day at the playground. I created a "scene" by extending some of the elements in the photo to the background with the leaves, butterflies and cloud.


SRM-stickers-layout
How to create a fun mixed media layout using your birthday photos...a tutorial
3. Include all the consecutive shots in a photoshoot gone awry.

Well, it would be a day when pigs fly that we actually get a great family shot where everyone is actually looking at the camera simultaneously. In the meantime, I'll just have to settle for the outtakes. *winks* This is real life.


SRM-stickers-love-this-place-layout
The NT$19 store
4. Mix up the photo sizes.

There is no need to showcase parts of photos that you don't like. Crop them to the details you want in a variety of sizes that you like and create a fun photo collage.

The-best-ride
The story about the cable car ride

5. Leave out the borders on your photos.

This is a great way to maximize the space on your layouts. I went with a photo mat on the entire collage of photos to pull everything together.


Layout-for-Maya-Road-by-Yvonne-Yam
An obsession with frames

6. Try a photo banner.


Make your banner a tad more interesting by incorporating small photos - super fun!


Eat-layout
Looks can be deceiving
7. Number your photos to help guide the eye in a photo collage.

Here my photo collage is on a 5x7 photo print but showcases 6 mini photos. A great way to document the not-so-great photos. :)

Layout-by-Yvonne-Yam-for-Maya-Road-Ruby-Rock-It-Swap
A cute layout for Maya Road and Ruby Rock-it product swap

8. Try a calendar style layout.

Lay your elements and photos in a calendar style format for a cool and modern look and feel.


One-minute
One minute photos
9. Experiment with creative photo cropping.

Try long narrow photos and other shaped photos to maximize space on your layout.


Saturday-photo-love
Want to win a shopping spree at Top Dog Dies?

10.  Incorporate some cut-out silhouette photos.

I love to use silhouette photos like fussy-cut elements on my layouts - a fun way to include more photos and make the photos really pop!

There you have it - 10 ways to fit multiple photos on a 12 x12 layout. Which one is your fave?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You ALWAYS ROCK the multi-photos, I totally struggle with that!! I think my fave way of yours is incorporating the really tiny photos with the larger ones on the same page!!!

Lisa said...

These are all so amazing!! You make the most creative, beautiful layouts I've ever seen!! Love them all!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Our styles couldn't be more different, but we are kindred spirits when it comes to maximizing the number of photos on a page! Love these suggestions.

Lynn said...

Thanks for all your wonderful layout advice. Can I be part of your family? I really wish I was good like you at documenting the everyday and special events of my family.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It