Wednesday

10 ways to use up your scraps




Hands up if you are keeping all the little bits of scrap paper with the hope that someday you will actually use them! *winks* Today I want to share 10 ways to use up some of your bits of scrap paper. :)

Mixed media canvas for The Crafter's Workshop
Mixed media canvas for The Crafter's Workshop

1. Create textures on your background.

I had leftover strips of paper after cutting my 6x6 patterned paper to fit my canvas. I just adhered those strips to create texture on my background. Just glue them down and paint them to match your background. Or maybe run an edge punch for a little more interest.



The-one-with-a-lot-of-brads
The one with a lot of brads

2. Mix them up to create a collage of mats for your photos.

I love to use bits and pieces to mat my photos because I don't like to waste paper and I prefer my pages to be relativel flat. If you look carefully, you will notice that my photo mats are often scraps pieced together to create the illusion of a fuller piece of paper. *winks*


Clay-dinosaurs
The one about the clay dinosaurs

3. Punch shapes with your scrap papers as embellishments for your layout.

I wanted to extend on the misted stars on the background. So I punched out some stars from scrap paper which I added with 3D pop dots as fun embellishments for my layout.

Star-tortoise
The story about the star tortoise
4. Use the punched shapes as journaling blocks.

You can also punch fun shapes of your scraps for your journaling.

Boys-rule
I love hanging out with boys
5. Tear your scrap paper for a fun and textured border.

Paper tearing is a great way to add texture and use up long pieces of scrap paper.

So-cool
The Gangster Gang in cool sunnies
6. Handcut shapes from scrap cork paper for a cool background design.

I had long rectangle strip of cork paper so I handcut the triangles for a cool background design for my layout.
My-little-helper
My little helper
7. Cut them into strips and use them like washi tape.

I love using my scrap strips like wash tape for a fun background design. Cutting the strips the same width creates cohesiveness and allows you to mix any pattern or colour.

Wild-antics
Wild antics on a layout
8. Tuck little pieces of scrap paper between your photo collage to create a cohesive look.

This layout was a little busy so I created a cohesive look by tucking black scraps of paper. The black helped to anchor the photos.

Altered-magnet
Your weekend project: 10 minute magnet
9. Use your scrap pieces for a small altered project.

This small piece of canvas paper was perfect for my magnet project. You could use your smaller scraps to cover clothespins or a paper clip.

Game-on
These two have been getting their game on
10. Use your scraps to cut fishtails for a fun look on your page.

When you are too lazy to reach for your decorative punches, there's always fun fish tails that you can cut with your trusty scissors. A little more fun than plain straight lines right?

There you have it. 10 ways to use up your scraps. Which one will you try?

P/s:  Click here for links to more tips! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the tips, Yvonne!
Love those layouts.

Rose said...

you always have the best ideas :)
happy new year!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You always have the best ideas!!!! I love how you use the scraps!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the tips! I so guilty for whole bag of scrap pieces. :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Clever ideas & beautifully illustrated with ur projects! Loove these posts - they get me thinking- TFS:):)

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Awesome use of scraps, you are very creative!! Thanks for sharing :)

Hussena said...

Thanks for all these tips ..You always use your pattern paper so well ..I have got so many ideas from this post :)

lisa said...

Great blog post Yvonne.
Happy New Year xx

Lizzyc said...

Lots of wonderful ideas here.. thanks for sharing your tips!

Audrey Pettit said...

Great ideas! You are so creative!

Tone-Lill said...

Great ideas for how to use scrap papers,tfs them all. love all your upcycling project especially the magent, it look fab. X

Shelly said...

These are all great ideas! Certainly will have to put many to use! ;) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great tips Yvonne, Thanks!!

~amy~ said...

great tips! I recycle all my scraps to a crafty friend!

Lisa said...

Awesome, awesome tips my friend!! Thanks for sharing!! And I just love seeing your amazing projects!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

dstandard said...

You are a creative genius! Love each and everyone of these!

Karon said...

Such fabulous ideas and tips. TFS

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It