Friday

Your weekend project: the 15 minute altered photo in a frame


Weekend-project-altered-photo-in-frame

I know a lot of people like to buy photo frames to alter. But what if you like the photo frame and don't want to alter it? Then do something to the photo! *winks*


I started with this Ikea 4x6 photo frame . Well you know I have a thing for woodgrain, yeah, even faux woodgrain..*LOL* so I didn't want to paint over it. 
1. Print two 4x6 photos.
2. Fussy-cut silhouette of one photo and adhere to other photo using 3D dots.
3. Adhere paper blooms to foliage on photo. Add some fun elements. [All elements must fit on photo
4. Remove the glass panel and frame stand components. 
5. Adhere photo to a piece of 4x6 cardboard. [so that it fits snugly when all the frame components are reassembled.]
6. Reassemble the frame components without the glass panel.
7. Stand back and admire all 15 minutes of your handiwork. :)


Once you get "weary" of your photo, you can just take the whole thing out and incorporate it on a layout and make another. Easy project, eh?

Happy weekend friends! 


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

15 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is awesome!! What an adorable picture!! I love how you added the dimension and elements to make this amazing!! Love!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You're a ROCK STAR!! I love love love this! Such a great idea!!!

Lynnda said...

You're awesome!! This is fantastic idea! Indeed a rockstar! Hugs x

Ashley Horton said...

This is so fun Yvonne! I love the way you popped up the cut out photo!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Clever, clever, clever:):) Loove the 3D image effect:):)

Virginia L. said...

Oh my , how cute is this! I love how you turned the photo 3 D!! GREAT job as always! You do such inspiring work, Yvonne!

SD pooja said...

Dimensions to the photo frame! Awesome idea !

Hussena said...

What a totally innovative idea. never thought to alter the photo instead of the photo frame. I love this idea and the way it gives dimension to the picture and adds so much more to it.

Suman Pandit said...

That's really clever Yvonne,love that cute kitten !!

~amy~ said...

super FUN!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW you made a 3 D decoupage how...this is seriously clever!! Awesome Creativity Yvonne...you are rocking the new year
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Audrey Pettit said...

So adorable, Yvonne! I love your silhouette cut photo treatments, and what a fun idea to add 3D elements to the photo scene. Just makes me smile!

Radhika said...

Love the 3d effect ..:)cute photo..

Shelly said...

Oh, WOW! How fun is this?!!...Love what you did with the photo!

Neha said...

WOW! Love the dimension of photo. Great idea.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It