Thursday

Will you be nicer to me Paris?


French-inspired-mixed-media-canvas

Please tell me I'm not the only one who enjoys French-inspired "everything" but not the city of Paris? *winks* Oh yes, I had a terrible experience in Paris. From the not-so-friendly Parisians to the long queue at the Eiffel Tower to the public holiday closure of Champs-Élysées to the discovery that the tour itinerary did not include a visit to The Lourve to the 14 times I rode on the teacup at Disneyland because my sister was too scared to try the roller coaster. *LOL*



Seriously though, I need to give Paris another visit....seeing how much I now appreciate French food and wine. Maybe Paris will be nicer to me the second time around. Also, my sister now loves roller coaster rides! :)



I started the canvas with the sole intention of using this lovely fabric bloom from my bloggy pal Mitra Pratt and to incorporate cardboard for LESSology Challenge #43: Cardboard Central.


But as you can see, I added a lot more ephemera as usual! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

17 comments:

Hussena said...

Wow !! this is simply gorgeous !! ..You have done full justice to that pretty bloom ...Really hope Paris is good to you the second time around :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love this! LOVING the colors, the textures and that flower!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Pretty! I'll be curious to hear how a second Paris visit goes for you. I've never been. All my travel has been in the western hemisphere.

Lizzyc said...

This is beautiful! Love the contrast of the texture of the cardboard and and softness of the flower!

Curls N Twirls said...

Your works are so brilliant and lively and colourful .. I also like the fact that regular items get a lovely makeover in your projects .. I love the fabric flower a lot ..
Great work ..
Hugs Remya

Lynnda said...

Theres a saying second time experience is always better than the 1st!

This is so beautiful.... How can anyone not love this so beautiful canvas of yours!!!

Its always good to visit you HERE!!! Miss ya hugs...x

Dolly B said...

Beautiful , stunning ! I have to say I loved Paris and I want to go back one day, Still things I want to do there and I want to have the time to soak it up some more. I hope your second time to Paris is magical for you.
Mary

Heather McMahon said...

Lol! Isn't it weird how life dishes up unexpected things? At least your project is perfect even if Paris isn't!

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

Ur canvases have a x factor that I can't explain in words ..they are a perfect combo of beauty n excellence ...loved that fabric flower too..!!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning!! I love the amazing texture and all of the details you added!! It's so gorgeous I could just stare at it all day!! My niece informed me at Christmas that I have to take her to Paris someday!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shelly said...

This is absolutely, STUNNING!!! Love it! Sorry to hear Paris wasn't very good to you the first time 'round. Perhaps, the second time 'round will be much more enjoyable for you! You'll have to let us know! ;)

Anonymous said...

All these rich colors and gold......stunning!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Sozzy. Can't agree. LOOOOOVED Paris 1st time round. More the 2nd time. Would LOVE to make it a 3rd time.... meanwhile I'll just sigh over your gorgeous canvas & dream!!!! LOOOOOVE this one to bits...PS: you & Mitra been flower swapping, eh??!!!!!

dstandard said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the texture you created and the gorgeous colors!

Audrey Pettit said...

oh. my. word.
This is just stunning!

crafty creations said...

Absolutely stunning - the texture , the colours and of course the gorgeous flower which you have so perfectly placed - love it

Have a good Sunday

Unknown said...

This is simply Stunning!! So beautiful! Loved the finished project.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It