Wednesday

Workspace Wednesday - a reworked piece


 


So I went through some of my earlier watercolour practice pieces from last year to see if I could salvage any of them and actually use them in my revamped gallery wall. 

This was ONE of the pieces that I was pretty proud of about a year ago but cringed when I saw it with different eyes days ago *LOL* Not that I'm that much better after a year but rather I got better at spotting the areas that need work! *winks*

I went in with MORE watercolours, gave more "depth" to the flowers, added more leaves to improve the overall composition and added paint splatters for added visual interest. I finished with coloured pencils because I like the texture they create on the cold-pressed watercolour paper.

This piece is now more reflective of my current style. :)

If you are curious, check out how this loose watercolour floral piece  looked when I first painted it back in July 2021.

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It