Thursday

A typical day in my life


 


It's been a challenging journey since mum's stroke but we've settled into a somewhat workable routine. 


For the folks, they will get a home cooked lunch (pictured is homemade hand-torn noodles soup with pork, mushrooms, abalone and veggies) and then they will play 3 rounds of Rummicube. Sometimes if time permits, I might join them. But typically I will play in the after-dinner session at the end of a long day to unwind before bedtime.


Mum is doing better and last month, she started taking over laundry duties from me....which I appreciate because it means more time for me to do my own stuff. Cooking 2 meals a day every day (except Wednesday) is quite tiring...I don't get to try out too many new dishes as I did before when I was only cooking 1 meal a day (and mum was cooking the other) but I still try to attempt at least 2 new dishes a week because I enjoy being creative in the kitchen as well. :) 


Baking has taken a backseat for now because there are only that many hours in a day. But I am putting family faves on bi-monthly rotation to make life a little easier for me. 

How about you? What's your typical day like? 

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh I am sorry I have not been by in a while and I did not know that your Mum had a stroke.. so glad to hear she is doing better... fabulous layout.. lots to look at... I really dont have a typical day.. each day is different.. I have the same meal times almost but things are different each day.. some days I am out in my garden for hours, some days I am in the house cleaning cooking etc.. I hope your Mum continues to improve.. and you take care of yourself too..

Cindy deRosier said...

Very glad to hear your mom is doing better and that your responsibilities have eased up a tiny bit. Love the layout.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It