Thursday

This week's mish mash card and a little life update


 


Hello friends! This week's mish mash card was inspired by the lazy bear from a post-it notepad!  Yep...this year will be a shop-my-own-stationery-stash kind of year because let's be real, this gal has a lot of stuff. *LOL*


This bear represents the lazy part of me still in denial that we are in a brand new year...and the rain cloud and sunglasses reflect the current weather we have in Singapore as well as my productivity levels - sometimes I'm so dazzling (*winks*)) and at other times, all I want to do is slow down and listen to the rhythm of the falling rain aka do nothing. ;)


We will be celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year in 2 weeks so every other day I work on cleaning a different part of the house whilst cooking lunch/making snacks for weekdays. (If you are curious, you can check out what I make on IG). 

Definitely working on getting more systems in place in the household to boost efficiency. Last year, I printed and laminated simple signs that read "clean" and "dirty" to put in laundry baskets because family members were using the "smell" test to determine if the laundry was clean or dirty. Ewww... After 4 months, I'm glad to say that everyone is on board. I also placed baskets all over the 2 living rooms for the family to place their bags because I implemented the "no bags on chairs" rule. So far so good except for Mummy Yam who occasionally flouts the rule but is doing much better after stern warnings. *hehehe*

I will be working on the CNY baking this weekend. But the government has announced that each household can only have 8 visitors per day during the festive period. And we can only visit 2 households per day. We usually have like 30 people in our home on the first day. So this CNY will be a relatively quiet one because when my brother comes over with his family, we can only have 3 other guests (luckily nephew #1 lives with us). Meanwhile, vaccinations are underway with the frontline workers and elderly getting priority. 

Tell me what's happening in your neck of the woods. 

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Love all the symbolism behind your card!

I'm looking forward to seeing your CNY decorations and delicacies! I'm sorry that your celebrations will be quiet. It's been so hard to have all our beloved holidays so limited.

Vaccinations are underway here, too. So far, the only ones who have gotten theirs are healthcare workers and age 65+. I'm waiting (im)patiently.

Lizzyc said...

I could relate to the bear straight away! hehe!! love the card! Pretty ordinary here but that is good. no restrictions and hoping it will stay that way!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It