Monday

The overdone tea tin


The overdone tea tin

Yes, these days I seem to be overdoing it a lot on my projects. I blame it on the new hot glue gun. It heats up super quick and I don't have to eat a can of spinach [a la Popeye] before I can squeeze the trigger to dispense the glue. *LOL*


Hence, this overdone tea tin. 

After an uneven spray of gold paint, my tea tin needed a bit of a cover-up job so I decided to wrap it in peekaboo lace. Then of course, I had an overzealous application of glue which resulted in the gold paint peeling off [I write this calmly now but I was freaking out!] so I needed a bigger cover-up. 

And you know how it went after that...the embellishments ganged up on me and beckoned me to use them. 

"Use me, I'm pretty!" 
"Hey, how about me? I'm good-looking too!"
"I'm blingtastic...stick me on!"

 Who can say "no" to talking embellishments right?! *winks*


It turned out quite pretty and overdone but I actually like it. :)


P/s: Hope you have a great week ahead friends! I will play catch-up on your blogs this week.:)



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

10 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

haha...I get you...difficult to say no pleading embellieesss...this turned out so pretty Yvonne!!

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

wow its totally loaded !! loved it
Beautifully done
Sharada Dilip
http://happymomentzz.blogspot.in/

Lynn said...

Not overdone, well done!!! Love how the lacy embellishments look on the gold sprayed tin. I have a lot of tea tins and now I'm going to get some gold spray paint to make embellished cookie tins which can be re-purposed after the cookies are eaten. Thank you for giving me another reason to embellish!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one who has to deal with talking embellishments! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! JUST PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Haha, omgosh, you're making me laugh! Love your comments about the glue gun and talking embellishments! I think your embellished tea tin is fabulous! Love the glitz of the gold peeking through the fancy lace, and your cluster of embellies is just fun and quirky. Loving the brown bloom.... you know I'm all about the brown. And love the perched bird, too!

Lisa said...

I'm glad your embellishments told you to use them because this is amazing!! Wow!! So not overdone at all!! I love every detail you added!! Spectacular my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the colors scheme on this one Yvonne and perfect upcycling
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Lizzy Hill said...

I like it too!!! So glad I'm not the only one that has their embellies chat to them!!!!! And all 'mistakes' lead to GLORIOUS resolutions!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Argh - the glue peeling up paint is the worst. But good things came of the mishap this time!

Mitralee said...

I am happy that glue gun has got you attaching things like crazy! This is super pretty!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It