Tuesday

Another altered mooncake box...a tutorial


Another-altered-mooncake-box

So the recent decluttering process unearthed a few more mooncake boxes for me to alter...like this one. :)


Here is the box before I threw black stuff on it...*LOL*


I started by adhering wrapping tissue to the whole box for base texture.

Next, I adhered chipboard on the cover, then covered the whole box with a coat of black gesso.


Then I went over the box with a silver glaze...a little shimmer and depth.


After that comes the super fun part - embellishing! I started by decorating the edges of the cover.


Then I went a little crazy with flowers, leaves and bling.


The paper flowers were white so I misted them to match the satin blooms.


It doesn't photograph every well because of the shimmery and glossy finish but it does look better than the original unaltered box, eh? *winks*

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

12 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

It is amazing to look at Yvonne. Recently I got my hands on some Art Anthology products[ sorbet , stone effects and some sprays] and while googling landed on some of your earlier projects! Love how you gave such a grand makeover to your box
Cheers
Dr Sonia

SD pooja said...

Aww ..AWESOME Black beauty !Loved the textures and over all glamorous look of this box !

Deepti Aggarwal said...

It is so so amazing...never thought black on black will look so awesome...seriously love the black roses..awesome project.

Suman Pandit said...

looks elegant Yvonne...

Lisa said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!! I love the details you added!! What a stunning transformation of the original!! Love it my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Hussena said...

Your box is so pretty! Love how you have added all that gorgeous shimmer & texture to it. Love your embellishing as always :)

Lizzyc said...

Goodness what a transformation, it looks so elegant and sophisticated now.. love the black roses and how good is the chipboard texture..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This looks amazing! I am loving those flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

this is awesome.. I love that pattern you added on the top.. looks amazing

Mitralee said...

oh my! So on my bucket list is to to visit these projects in REAL LIFE to see their shimmer and shine! ROCK STAR!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! How stunning! Amazing transformation of a plain box into an elegant beauty! LOVE these colors! Of course with my own personal obsession, this reminds me of Halloween with that amazing lime green, black, and silver combo.... my favorite!!! :D

Cindy deRosier said...

Yes, a million times better! So elegant.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It