Friday

I tore a hole in my eye drawing and tried to fix it


 


So this eye drawing in my daily sketchbook caused me grief today when I was adding highlights as a finishing touch and tore a hole. Can you spot it? *winks*


Here's a clue.... and are you ready to see the mess I had to fix? Brace yourself. *LOL*


Yep...that white blob of acrylic paint was just drawing your eye to the problem area eh? *hahaha*

I was really frustrated because the drawing was nearly done when this happened. I was tempted to rip this page out of the sketchbook. Then I calmed myself down and decided to try to fix it. 

"Maybe a thin piece of paper? No wait, let's try washi tape."
"Okay...this green is a little off. Let's add some white acrylic paint."
"Looks pretty good. Let's match it up to the rest of the iris."
"Hmmm...something's a little off. Let's make the pupil a little bigger."
"Still missing a little contrast. Got to add some darks."
"Okay. It's looking pretty decent now."

Disaster averted. The end.

Happy weekend friends!:)



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Great job fixing it!

Lizzyc said...

Good save! looks great... something learned today perhaps for you!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It