Saturday

The one about the island cake


 


So I watched numerous YouTube videos on how to make the island cake and finally decided to just make it for my sister's Chinese birthday.


Now I mentioned in a previous post on my recent cake adventures the problems I encountered when I made this cake but it all worked out at the end.


Except for the part where everybody thought the cake looked weird, the flavours were great. I had a vanilla cake layer and a chocolate cake layer and I used a lychee pastry cream filling with lychee pieces. The whole cake was iced with chocolate ganache and the jelly was lychee-flavoured to tie everything together. It wasn't a flavour combo that was featured in any of the videos I watched but just something I came up with because I wanted to finish whatever I had in my fridge. *winks*


Playing along with Let's Get Sketchy.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

10 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

My version of the island cake (where everything thought it looked weird but the flavors were great) was a billiard ball cake I made for my friend Karl, just after buying a spherical cake pan for the first time (two semicircles, which you glue together with frosting). The cake looked OK (at best) at home, but by the time it traveled in the car for an hour, no one could tell it was supposed to be a billiard ball. Even with hints.

Lizzyc said...

Well as long as the cake tasted good.. it does look like an island so winning on all sides!!! And your sister looks happy!

Maud's Creations said...

Love your layout, great take on the sketch, the cake looks delicious and am sure your sister loved it. Thanks for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy this month. Maureen

Tammy Folk said...

What a great take on the sketch Yvonne! Love all the little extras and embellishments!! I've never heard of an island cake so you've definitely peeked my curiosity. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy!

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Love your take on the challenge sketch and the cake looks so yummy. I love all your embellishments. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I get that the cake is an island! Great job! I also like your take on the challenge with the addition of the diagonal striped washi tape (?) at the top and bottom. Thank you for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Shannon said...

Love your layering! Thanks for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy!

Wendy said...

It looks like an island to me! What a fun idea. Great take on the sketch too! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

etsuko kishimura said...

It's a very cute work. The gentle colors are very nice.
Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

Ajay Sharma said...

Such a nice blog.
Thanks for taking the time to discuss and share it with us. If you want to hire android app developer, then you are at right place, we have a goal-oriented developers team that has managed carefully and punctual to deliver the project on time. hire android app developer

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It