Wednesday

The last minute homemade gift


 


So one of the neighbours gave us some homemade CNY goodies a few days before CNY and of course, it is customary to return the gesture with some homemade treats as well. Except for the fact that this gal left it to the very very last minute to start her baking. *dramatic music plays in the background*

Usually at this point in time, I would have had 100s of cookies of various flavours baked along with some cakes and tarts in the fridge as well. Except this year. With the COVID 19 situation, all the elders have decided NOT to have open houses for visits so the only guests we had were my brother's family (who come every week and eat up all my food)...and we didn't even have to visit anyone either. So I decided to leave it to the very last minute to prevent minimal attrition of said goodies. *LOL*

Anyway, I only baked 3 things this year - the salted egg yolk cookies, walnut cookies and pineapple tarts. Still it took me 3 days to bake because of my tiny oven. I can only bake about 26 cookies at each time.

Here are the decorated containers of cookies - I just went with doilies and twine. I had a pineapple charm so the pineapple tarts container had a "bling" *winks*

They all went into one of my decorated paper bags with 2 mandarin oranges for good luck.

P/s: Nope, the birds were not included. Hehehe...

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Still a lovely gesture and I am sure they tasted yummy!!

Cindy deRosier said...

These look gorgeous and I bet they taste even better.

Lynn said...

The goodies look yummy and the jars look great as is but the birds would be a nice touch. ;) Lucky that you get so many goodies for Chinese New Year. I used to be jealous of all my Chinese friends who got red money envelopes too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It