Wednesday

My most repurchased art supplies




Even though I have a lot of art supplies (I told my sister that if anything ever happened to me, she can probably sell my fine art supplies for a small fortune..*winks*) and struggle a bit to give them a little love, there are some supplies that I use up regularly and always have to replenish.

1. Tombow Pit Multi 2 Glue

I love this adhesive because it dries clear and has a good strong hold. Great for adhering embellishments. When adhered wet, it has a permanent hold. If you let the glue dry a little and become tacky, it becomes a removable adhesive. It has 2 tips - a fine tip for precision work and a broad tip for broad area application. I generally only use the fine tip because I use it mostly to adhere small embellishments.

2. Uniball Signo Broad Point Gel Paint

This is my go-to pen for adding highlights on my drawings or journaling on a dark surface. It even writes on glossy photos. The ink is acid-free and if you clean your pen tip religiously after each use, you can enjoy smear-free and skip-free white ink. Possibly the best gel ink pen in the market.

3. Faber Castell Pitt Big Brush Pen in white

I love this for the opaque ink and broad brush tip which allows for coverage of a larger surface area. It is filled with India ink that is permanent, waterproof and lightfast.

4. Faber Castell Polychromos Colour Pencil in black

I use this to blend with other colours to get a darker hue. The pencil is hardy and can hold a fine tip which makes it perfect for tiny detailed work. It is acid-free, smear-proof and lightfast.

What are your most repurchased art supplies? Do you tend to buy them in bulk when they are on sale so you can save some money?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HA!!! Our people could probably pay for the most expensive funeral with the sale of our crafty things!! LOL!!!!

Lisa said...

I buy so many things in bulk!! Tape gun rolls, foam tape rolls, hot glue sticks...I have a huge container of Lineco PH Adhesive glue to refill my fine-tip applicators. Apparently I use a lot of adhesive products in my crafting!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Wait a minute... tell me more about cleaning the Uniball. I've had hit-or-miss luck with them over the years. Is it because I'm not cleaning the tips? I don't know how to clean the tips. Is it necessary if I only ever use them on paper? Teach me!

yyam said...

Just scribble on a scrap piece of paper to get all the buildup off and you’re good to go!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It