Monday

Using leftover letter stickers on my mixed media canvas....


Sweetheart-mixed-media-canvas

So my letter sticker collection is driving me crazy because the ones I have left are random numbers and alphas...which take up a LOT of space but they don't help with the title works on my projects. *grunts*


*Lightbulb moment* Since they have a bit dimension, I thought I could treat them like chipboard and add some textured interest on my mixed media canvas background.


I adhered them to the canvas with matte gel medium, added a layer of gesso, then played with Ranger Patinas. Even though they are paints for metals, I love the thick consistency and they dry with a semi-glossy slightly raised finish. *yum*


I also added some light modeling paste with The Crafter's Workshop stencil for more texture and interest.


The photos [my mum & niece] were matted on white cardstock with a MT tape border. I finished with some Maya Road chipboard and vintage trim, buttons and outlining with a white gel pen. 

If you are located in Singapore, you can get all the supplies from Made With Love. :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

15 comments:

Lynn said...

A use for random sticker letters is exactly what I needed. I also have an enormous stash of letters that don't work for spelling anything. Thanks for revealing your mediums and I will look for the Ranger one....very appealing. I love the look of this piece...wonderful textures and colors.

Lisa said...

Oohh, this is seriously gorgeous!! I love the colors!! The background looks amazing!! And what sweet pictures!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow wow! This is amazing! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and all the #'s!!!!!!

Neha said...

Wow....amazing...so many colors and textures but they all work so well together.

Suman Pandit said...

what a wonderful riot of colors on your canvas Yvonne !! all taken from mamma's dress :)

SD pooja said...

The bg with stickers n textures is smashing !! Loved..loved it ! Surpised n happy to see detailed (as compared to your usual posts ;) post.

~amy~ said...

Super clever...love the look! Awesome texture and fab pics!!

Annette Allen said...

that has got to be the coolest background ever.. I love it.. dang girl your so clever.. great designing

Cindy deRosier said...

Very nice! I am frequently cursing the super-cute sheets of letter stickers with nothing but Q, X, F and punctuation left.

Karon said...

WOW - love the background!! TFS

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for leftover letters!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Now that's what I call a stash busting page! Works really well.....looks fabulous:) Strangely, I pop my 'left over' alphas to use in PL then I'm always going back and pulling them out for other stuff.....which sort of drives me crazy too!!!

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

Fabulous use of leftovers..Loved the beautiful textures n whole execution !!

Linda Breedlove said...

Your project is gorgeous... love these bright, bold colors... and what darling photos!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

How fun this is! I really love the primary colors on here, and your idea to use all those leftover alpha/number stickers like that is just brilliant! Love that you used Patina inks for this, too. You are so full of inspiration, my friend!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It