Tuesday

How I am organizing my travel pages in 2015....


As I mentioned in yesterday's post, the layouts/albums accumulation is growing at an alarming rate and I'm taking steps to curtail its growth...*winks*


This year, my travel pages will be in Midori traveler's notebooks. I love the flexibility of these notebooks - they can be brought along with you on your travels in a leather holder or stored at home in a kraft binder. There are lots of people selling what they term as "faux-doris" online which give you much more colour and material options than the standard black or brown leather offered by the Midori company.


You can purchase the refills which include diary versions so that you can use them as a planner. There are also tutorials online that teach you how to make those notebooks yourself which are much more economical.


I love the quality of the papers in the notebook. There are thin but there's no bleed-through when I write on them. I'm not big on paper curling so I have not tried any wet media on the pages. I did use some Faber Castell gelatos on them, blending with my fingers and I love the effect.


One of the reasons why I've decided on these notebooks is because if you keep them relatively flat, you can store quite a bit of layouts in them. The bonus is that I get to use up my flat embellishments like washi tape and stickers and paper scraps.


I'm also enjoying old-school mess-free scrapbooking just using paper, tape glue, washi tape and stickers. It's great for times when you want to get creative but don't really want to clean up after...we all have such days right? *winks*


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

15 comments:

Shelly said...

This is awesome! Love your pages!

Annette Allen said...

now that is just awesome.. totally love it.. great pages.

Suman Pandit said...

love these pages with the cute accents Yvonne !!

Sindhu said...

Wow...Lovely...wish to do one..

Lisa said...

Wow, this looks so fabulous!! I love all of the details you've added!! Awesome my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

alexandra s.m. said...

You are such a fantastic Scrapbooker Yvonne!
I love your travel journal pages!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the photos and the map on the front cover!!!!!!

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

Lovely , I just love the way u create, love the stickers n tapes m a big time fan of it ;)

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

This is too cute!

Lizzy Hill said...

I want to travel so I can make these!!!! They look fabulous & I really enjoy this sort of scrapping.... I might adapt this idea to keeping my Instagram photos together .... Something to think about anyways... So THANK YOU!!!!

Lynn said...

Those little travel notebooks look great. I bring mine on the trips but never seem to find the time to fill them out. You've done a marvelous job on your travel journal. Thanks for letting us take a peek.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I love this idea, Yvonne! Perfect, fun size for travel layouts, and I love that you can store a bunch of these in one binder album. That should really save on space. Your first pages are really beautiful. Love all the detail. The map paper borders are perfect. Love the framework you created with the gelatos, and love all the washi tape use, too!

Linda Breedlove said...

I just recently discovered Madoris. So happy to see what you're doing with this one. I love how you've gotten so much on each page. Great inspiration, Yvonne... thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

This is awesome!

~amy~ said...

Looks awesome and such a great idea!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It