Wednesday

Doodling in my art journal....


travel-journal-page-by-Yvonne-Yam-for-The-Crafter's-Workshop

After a couple of failed attempts at keeping an art journal, I am totally embracing the process now. Err... I have like 5 journals. *winks*

Some nights I only create backgrounds with colorants...other nights I make more progress and actually complete pages. Like this one.:)


After applying gesso on my pages, I played with some Derwent Inktense blocks, blending the colours with a bit of water. Then I applied Liquitex Super Heavy Gesso with The Crafter's Workshop stencil. 


After that, I doodled with Daler Rowney gesso and added some splatters with Tattered Angels Gimmer Glam. I varied the intensity of the gesso with water as the effect I wanted to achieve was a semi-opaque black. 


Then I added some Tim Holtz rub-ons.


I went over my doodles with a white pen to really bring out the funky background design.


What do you think?



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

18 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I think it's amazing, very artsy, love those rub ons & entirely and absolutely fabulous!!!

Lizzyc said...

I love it! I love the white pen to bring our the swirls.. looks wonderful..

lisa said...

Wow Yvonne!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love it!! LOVING all those circles and the colors!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, it is SO cool, Yvonne! I love the wild abandon to your art journal pages! Fabulous color. Fabulous style. I love the white highlighting. And adding the rub-ons was a brilliant idea, too!

Vasundhara Agarwal said...

Oh my god! i just love this! it looks amazing, love the colours

SD pooja said...

Amazing,You have worked wih dark colors fabulously Yvonne ! I was like what to look..the intense background,the doodling,the over all effect just superb !

Cindy deRosier said...

It's fabulous! It looks like so much fun to make.

Tone-Lill said...

Gorgeous and amazing work. So much creativity and funky mix of colour and design...Love it... you are a true artist Yvonne :)

alexa said...

That white against those colours is just stunning. You must be feeling a real sense of satisfaction now you have started and are keeping going ... Lovely for us, too!

Ashley Horton said...

Gorgeous work Yvonne!!

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! The details are spectacular!! I love the colors!! Outlining the doodles with a white pen was a perfect touch!! I haven't played in my journal in so long and you have inspired me!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Omyn said...

edgy, interesting, and definitely beautiful

Anonymous said...

Great pages!!!

Shelly said...

WOW. Totally AWESOME!

Karon said...

Fabulous doodling art! Wonderful.

Denise Price said...

Cool effects with the black gesso. It has presence!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it. You rocked your journal pages my friend.

Hugs~

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It