Thursday

The "I love you too much!" story.



I love you too much

So the other day littlest nephew J ran up to his grandma and declared very loudly, "Grandma, I love you too much! " 
Beaming grandma corrected him..."so much, not too much." 
Aunt Y [aka me] asked "What about me? Don't you love me?" 
He answered, "No. Only grandma." 
Puzzled since Aunt Y is only his fave person ever *winks*, Aunt Y tried to hug J, hoping to change his mind...but he ran away. When she finally "caught" him 5 seconds later, she discovered his dirty little secret - he just pooped in his diaper and wanted grandma to change his diaper! Once he was in a clean diaper, he happily ran over to Aunt Y and said, "I love you."

Turns out he really didn't want me to change his dirty diaper and will run away from me every single time it's soiled. *LOL* Gotta love how considerate he is towards me! :) 



I wanted to play along with True XOXO scrapbooking's challenge to complete a layout under an hour. I went with the minimalist approach...did a little masking and misting, a little fussy cutting and embellishing and lots of journaling...to complete this in 45 minutes. The bulk of the time was spent colouring the chipboard letters with a black Sharpie and then outlining them with a white pen. :)

Supplies: Sassafras patterned papers, Maya mists, Heidi Swapp chipboard letters, black Sharpie, SRM stickers, embellishments, black pen, white pen.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

27 comments:

Hussena said...

Aww that's such a cute story...these little one's can be so canny sometimes :) but there's never a dull moment with them around!!!...your Lo is super adorable...love those googly eyes and the colored chipboard..totally worth spending time on :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Haha! Now that's a truly funny story to remember :) Love it!
Love the mustache on that pear, too, and of course the googly eyes. The misting is such a fun modern look too!

Lynnda said...

hahaha... TOO funny... or so funny??? :wink...

Enjoying the story!!! And your layout...is definitely a winner!!! What caught my eyes are those goggly eyes...on the pear!!! way too cute.... hugs...xoxo

Unknown said...

Awww what a cute and funny story and such a gorgeous layout.esp loved the googly eyes on the two pears.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!!! I loveeeeeeeee that story!!!! If only my kids never wanted me to change their diapers! lol!! LOVE IT!!!!

Such a fun lo! LOVING the misting and the pears with their goggly eyes!!!!

sandi said...

This is just too cute! Love the background and those googly eyes are the perfect addition to this! Simply adorable!

Isha Gupta said...

This gave me a huuuge smile...Love how easily kids can say everything :)
Superb page Yvonne :)
Congrats on your Moxie win yesterday

Trina said...

What a cute story! This layout is adorable too!

Laurel said...

Cute story and lovely layout!

Annette Allen said...

so darn cute...i love this Yvonne...how cute you put faces on the pears...

RiNNE said...

Ok, there's only one other person who's as good as you when it comes to misting- and her name is Kelly Purkey!! :)

~amy~ said...

Ha...love the story! I think you have it pretty good:) no diaper duty!

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable story and adorable layout, too! Love the title work and the cute pair of pears, and the different paper trims under the photos are really eye catching. Awesome masked background, too!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a fabulous LO in under an hour!! Love your misting/masked background and what a funny story. TFS! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Rose said...

LOL that should make you love him even more!!! :)

super fun layout girl and i love the pears with the goggle eyes!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is too cute, Yvonne!

Lalo said...

AWE love the LO. Lovely handwriting :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Wow, that is love ;>)

Ella Swan said...

That's good going for 45 minutes!!

Karen B. said...

Aww, what a cute story. Love the colors and the elements in your layout.

Unknown said...

That is such a cute story. He sounds like a sweetheart.. You page looks great.

Hugs~

Madeylim said...

LOL!! ur nephew is so cute!!! omg....

Sharon Fritchman said...

So touching! I love this page!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

I love everything about this layout- the story, the pics, the mist, the colors, and especially the googly eyed pears.

Alice said...

awww.... such a sweet boy! =) love love the wiggle eyes on the pears. super fun layout, Yvonne!

Anonymous said...

Love it love it love it. I don't think I've ever told you how much I value journaling. You absolutely rock with your journaling. I cannot for the life of me believe that you completed this thing in under an hour. I don't think you want to see the results of something I've completed in under even TWO hours!

Unknown said...

Super sweet! See?! Genius is possible in under and hour! Thanks for playing with us!
xoxo
<3 Linds

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It