Thursday

A mini album in a tin box!


J's tin album


So I was invited to guest design for lulupu.com this month and the theme is mini albums! :) I upcycled an old tin box which was used to house an accordian-styled album [4.25 X4.5] with photos of my nephew J. 




Now you all know that littlest nephew J spends an insane amount of time with me. Most weekends. Saturday and Sunday. The first kid I know to burst into tears when his daddy comes to pick him up...yes, there have been many tearful goodbyes with him in the car seat wailing while holding my hand, "I don't want to go home. I want to stay here...."




The upside to spending this much time with his aunt is the ridiculous amount of photos and videos he has. *LOL*




Here he was dressed up in his sister's outfit... [he insisted...I was thoroughly entertained! *LOL*]




Here he was singing...




At the playground...


To create unity among the pages, I use repeated elements like the owl with the googly eyes [I added Glossy accents for dimension] and the tag and twine. I also printed all my photos in black and white for a more cohesive look.


Supplies: Nikki Sivils patterned papers and stickers, EAD designs owl stickers, Inkessentials Glossy Accents, googly eyes, twine, tag, ribbon.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

21 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! I love love love love this!! You totally ROCKED Nikki's papers!!! Pretty pretty pretty please email me this??!?!?! With a cherry on top??? *wink*

paperpapier said...

Love how you embellished the tin with all the cute and whimsical wordings, stickers etc..
Heaney xx

Karen B. said...

This is cute, too cute!

~amy~ said...

Cute!!!! iSPY EAD:)

Lynnda said...

Super cute...too cute..really cute... perfect for Mister J... hugs..xoxo

Rose said...

totally awesome fun :)

Unknown said...

OMG this is just too adorable!! I LOVE it :)

Lalo said...

So adorable ... that cute little boy and his cute little album :)

Isha Gupta said...

Super Cute...Loooovvvveeee!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Love love LOVE it! Such an awesome album for a great kid - love all the fun owl stuff & especially the puns :) What a cutie!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, this is such a fabulous project!! Love the colors, design - everything!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Cindy deRosier said...

Adorable! I love the album and the tin is totally awesome.

Unknown said...

So adorable. Everything about this project makes me smile..

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute, cute, cute mini, Yvonne! Such fun papers and I adore all those googly owls! The black and white photos really pulls the whole thing together. Love that you silhouette cut some of the photos. I think it's so sweet that your little nephew loves to spend time with you so much! :)

lisa said...

I love this Yvonne xx

Tone-Lill said...

This is sooooo cute.... What a great idea, tin box mini album.... A real Fun way to use adorable pictures :)

chillin with Quillin said...

sooo cute ,love how you decorated the tin and the pics are sooo cute!!great idea!!!!
Paula

Angi Barrs said...

Now this is a fab idea to put it in the tin case. Love this!

Ella Swan said...

He's adorable and these photos are so lovely! What a great little accordian album and box!!

Annette Allen said...

so darn cute...such a fun idea...

Alice said...

awwww... so cute! you must receive the "World's Best Anut" award!!! =) adorable album!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It