Friday

How to choose titles for your layouts.



 
Like most people, sometimes I struggle to come up with clever and apt titles for my layouts. Especially when I've done the cliché ones many times over. You know what I mean...adorable, beautiful, family, today et cetera. *LOL* Here are 8 suggestions on how to choose titles for your layouts.

Brrrum

1. Describe the sound of something in the photo.

This layout was about my littlest nephew J playing with my toy car and the title aptly describes the sound he was making as he played.


How do I look

2. Steal from a television show/movie.


This layout features my niece after her "makeover" by me...*LOL* so I stole the title from the show "How do I look?" 


123

3. Use numbers.

I was drawing a blank here but I really wanted to use up my puffy number stickers so I titled it 123...*LOL* You can also use numbers for dates and age.

Having a blast

4. Use descriptive words.

Sometimes you just need a whole slew of descriptive words to describe a scene. Here, littlest nephew J was having a blast at the playground.

Love a hearty laugh

5. Use a phrase to describe what the photo reflects.

I was so happy to have captured this hearty toothless laugh of my niece so I used the first phrase that came to mind.

Eyewear

6. Name the prominent feature in the photos.

Sometimes you can be a little obvious in your title. *LOL*


Quaint little place

7. Describe the place.

I looked at the photos of this restaurant I went to and instantly remembered "what a quaint little place it was..." [Of course, I had fond memories of this place because it was closed for the day when we went there but I looked pathetic enough for the chef to open the kitchen just for us. *winks*]

QVB

8. Use the name of the place.

Sometimes it can be as easy as naming the place your photos show. :)

There you have it. 8 suggestions for how to choose titles for your layouts. What do you think? Do you have any more ideas to add?

P/s: What are your must-have craft supplies? Read about mine and enter yours for a chance at a giveaway. I'll announce the winner on Monday July 9. Happy weekend friends! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

31 comments:

Wida said...

This is one of the best posts I have every read, so useful. your pages rock. I struggle with finding titles and needed these tips, thank you

Creations by Shirl said...

TFS Yvonne!
Wow you surely did awesome on each and every layout... Great tips!
After awhile I myself run of titles and at times it gets a bit boring using the sentiment as the title... LOL! I think we all run into this predicament on what to put on that first line when posting....(hehe).
Enjoy your morning....

Miae said...

Clever, clever! I've struggled with titles too and your ideas are very helpful! I don't think I've ever read a post about ways of coming up with titles! Brilliant!

Unknown said...

Thats an awesome post.very informative and really apt.The title of the page is where most newbie scrapbookers get stuck.Very very clever post and indeed helpful.

Lynnda said...

Great post... brilliant tips!!!

What helps me ... usually based on the photo[when/why/how...the cliche] but sometimes.. the event...the thoughts/the feels... much easier when I scrap my own photo... I can tell 1001 story about myself... he he he...

Have a great weekend... my friend... hugs...xoxo

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

LOL.....Brmmmmm has to be my fave!
1.Participating in Challenges helps because their criteria mentions the title/ theme for the week!
2. I steal from Indian movies titles & phrases from songs :)
3. Children's fairytales/ rhymes are a good source.
4. Sometimes the manufacturer's collection has a name that is apt. Like I named a LO "Leaps & Bounds" after Websters Pages pps.

yyam said...

Those are great ideas Anupama! Thanks for sharing!

Hussena said...

Great suggestions Yvonne and so imaginative :)Thanks for sharing !!

Erum Tasneem said...

great tips Y! Thank you for sharing.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Soooo good :>) now I just need to actually scrapbook instead of dream about it ;>)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You.amaze.me.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh I love all these pages and you always have the best titles for your layouts. Thanks for the tips.

sandi said...

Love your lo's and your titles always go so well and look so neat! Tks. for sharing this post!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Great ideas for coming up with titles!! Love your examples too!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Annette Allen said...

wow all of these layouts are so amazing...I would love to come and look through your scrapbook albums..the kids are going to just love all these when they get older...Great memories...

Have a great weekend..

Ella Swan said...

I hate cliched titles... I don't often have a title in mind when I start a layout but think of it as I am going along, by what emotions the photos evoke and the story I am wanting to tell...

Evelin said...

loving your tips!!! I must write it down for reference :D I have this issue of putting a title for my layouts too... hahahahah.... so sometimes I just leave them blank :P

Oh, I am not sure why the comment on my page doesn't come up all the time... maybe I should change it back to simple layout :P

THanks for letting me know :) Hugs

Tone-Lill said...

Thanks for all the good ideas. I'm not very good to use titles on my LO, so this was very helpful. I'll keep all you great suggestions in mind :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I LOVE these LOs and I LOOOOOOOVE your tips! Totally bookmarking this:)

chillin with Quillin said...

great page layouts, and good tips, thanks for sharing !!!
Paula

Theresa said...

wonderful layouts.. and very helpful ideas on layout titles. I really don't think about it much but a lot of times, the title just pops into my head. no real process, but once in a while i struggle and look for inspiration online or a challenge prompt.
=)

Unknown said...

You always have so many wonderful tips.. Thanks.. LOVE all your LO..

Hugs~

Vasu said...

this is a really interesting post, love ur approach, thanks for the lovely comment, more dresses coming up soon :)

Madeylim said...

very smart way to help summarize the possible ideas for titles! Thanks!

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing! You always do have the best titles and layouts!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Yvonne! I LOVE this post so much!!!! First of all, your layouts are ALL fabulous!!! I mean it - I love them all. And secondly, I am in awe of the way you pick your titles!!! Thank you so much for sharing your "gift" with us! Hope all is well with you!

RiNNE said...

What a wonderful post, Yvonne! i love your lay-outs and projects! i do have some to add as far as titles:
1. How the person or place or thing in the pics make me feel.
(You light Up My Life).
2. A list of what I like to do, and i list different things and include multiple pics.
3. Sometimes i don't include a title at all. :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Great suggestions and such a good topic for a post! You are so awesome!

yyam said...

Love your suggestions Rinne! Especially #1. Thanks for sharing!:)

Alice said...

thanks for another helpful tip on creating layouts, Yvonne! it's such a treat to see all those fab pages!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Wida, this is one of THEE best, coolest, informative, awesome posts of all time. And I should know, especially since I'm a self-proclaimed expert on these things. Your layouts are beyond inspirational! I'm just going to use your layouts as sketch ideas for all of mine!

I simply do not know how you dream up all the little touches that you include. Clearly I need to move in next to you and soak up some of your talent through osmosis or something.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It