Wednesday

Mummy Yam's birthday 2022


 


Earlier this month, we celebrated Mummy Yam's birthday. I was travelling the next day so it was a busy day for me, making bread for my "kid" (aka nephew #1), baking and icing a cake...and cooking lunch and dinner...you know the usual stuff. *winks*


I must say that I was tempted to buy a cake instead of making it from scratch like Papa Yam's cake last month. But I was sick last month and this month, I was perfectly well. No excuses. So I kept it simple. I made an almond flavoured white cake (lots of egg whites after making pastry cream) with peaches in cream cheese frosting.


Well you know your gal here likes to challenge herself on time-crunched days *LOL* so she went for a new cream cheese frosting recipe...which whipped up okay but didn't quite hold up. So the cake looked pretty rustic. *hahaha*


It was yummy though. :)

Playing along with Stick It Down.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Looks delish!

Lynn said...

Looks like yummy fun for the family....thanks to a good daughter!

Lizzyc said...

The cake looks amazing!!! a great day by the look of it!!

Brandi Jo said...

What a fun take on this month's sketch! I love the banners you added & all the fun embellies! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down!
-Brandi, Single Page DT

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It