Tuesday

The reworked mixed media girl on wood panel


Mixed-media-girl-by-Yvonne-Yam-for-Maya-Road
April 2016
The-reworked-mixed-media-girl-on-wood-panel
November 2018

It was a challenge to rework this particular mixed media girl I did back in April 2016 because she was done on a wood panel so you have to work with the grain of the wood in order for your colorants to show up.


I used acrylic paints for her skin and inks for her features. 


Then I went in with some Faber Castell gelatos and Prismacolor pencils for the details.


I also replaced the yellow flower with a white one and added a pearl trim on her ruffled top.

What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

She looks AMAZING!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, gorgeous! I love them both, and it is so fun to see the evolution in your styles over the years. I think the whimsical nature of your earlier work is so playful and fun, and your realism now is just staggeringly beautiful! The depth you get in the eyes always just blows my mind!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, amazing!! The first one was beautiful but you've made her so gorgeous!! I love the added pearl necklace, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Fabulous transformation! I love how much more realistic she looks and the pearl necklace is the perfect final touch.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It