Monday

Mixing patterns on a layout


Mixing-patterns-on-a-layout

As the year edges closer to the end, I find myself frantically trying to scrapbook the photos on my phone lest I fall further behind. And of course, trying my best to dwindle the ever-growing (using stash creates more stash!) scrap paper pile. It gets a little disheartening when you haven't bought any new patterned papers for years (not counting the ones obtained via design team collaborations) but just can't seem to finish up your existing stash. :(


However, I do still enjoy scrapbooking my family memories immensely. Especially when I challenge myself to be "clever" and incorporate bits of humour amidst the mix of patterns n a layout. *winks*


Here on this layout (which features my mum with my nephew celebrating this year's Mid-Autumn Festival by carrying a lantern in a neighbourhood walk), I tried to incorporate rather elaborate patterned papers together while minimizing the use of plain papers to help break up the busy patterns.


I think the word die-cuts + stickers do help to divert the eye from the busy patterns to the photos.



Playing along with The Studio Challenges.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

I love your use of bold patterned papers and fun embellies.. this layout looks great!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeee this! LOVING how you used those papers!!! And I hear you on the using stash!! I feel like I am making a dent... and then I look in the paper drawer and see more and more and MORE! LOL!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Great layout! It looks like you had to create some of the letters in your title from other letters. I didn't notice at first, but I'm suspicious that the d and the m in mid-autumn were once something else. Is that washi around the edges? I really like that finishing touch.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful papers you used!! The pictures are so fun!! Perfect details, too!! I can't complain about my massive amounts of paper because I still do buy more!! It's kinda an addiction!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lynn said...

Using patterned papers in a large layout is difficult but you did an excellent job! I like how you picked up the colors of the floral paper to highlight your photos. Another marvelous album page!

Anonymous said...

Oh I do love this! I do love your combination of colours and patterns and elements!
And I hear you on the stash front... I'm ridiculous - buying paper ALL the time... I recently had to buy two more containers just for my ever-growing stash. I should probably take a leaf out of your book and stop buying for at least a year...
Thank you for joining us at The Studio Challenges!

Audrey Pettit said...

I know what you mean about the ever growing scrap pile. I sometimes wonder if those scraps are in there breeding, or something. I mean, they never get any smaller! This is so fun, Yvonne! I love the bold patterns, and my eye went straight to those famous Yvonne birds! ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It