Monday

How to: create a vintage-inspired mixed media canvas


Vintage-inspired-mixed-media-canvas1

Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a quick tutorial on how to create a vintage-inspired mixed media canvas.


I started with a 6x6 canvas panel, a piece of vintage-inspired patterned paper, a distressing tool and gesso. After distressing the edges of the patterned paper and adhering it to the panel, I applied gesso with some water to "tone" down the colours on the patterned paper.


Next, I applied Golden Fiber Paste with The Crafter's Workshop stencil. You can use any type of modeling paste you have. Personally I love the paper-like fiber texture of this paste. :)


After that, I took a paintbrush and started painting with Silks Acrylic Glazes. I used Mediterranean Blue and Emperor's Gold , pulling the colours from the patterned paper.


Then I embellished with my fave lace trims, blooms and pearls.


You can create more depth of texture with a thicker application of the paste. But I love the subtle sheen of the Silks Acrylic Glazes on a slightly raised surface.



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

17 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW your textured background looks super gorgeous
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Ashley Horton said...

Love that lace Yvonne and the beautiful touches of Gold!

Unknown said...

Beautiful piece.The texture looks lovely and of course the Silks look gorgeous.

Hussena said...

Omg !! This is gorgeous !! I love the beautiful arrangement and your colors so much !!..Thank you for the tutorial too :)

Lynn said...

Yummy! I am a big vintage look fan so of course I love what you created. The textures and colors are luscious.

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

This is too pretty! love the texture and the way you put it on :) thanks for sharing :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Yvonne! I love the vintage feel of your mixed media canvas, and I especially love that you shared how you made it with all of us. Thank you for sharing your creativity! HUGS!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

You HAVE gotten into your silks, eh???!!! That blue is totally YUM....& it's such a lovely vintage page.....I really like the size you do your canvases, too:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are simply amazing! I loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors and the textures!!! Pinning!!!!!

Vasundhara Agarwal said...

This is just too pretty, i love how u made the background and love the vintage feel of it! You should try out red lip colours by maybelline too, they are good :)

Audrey Pettit said...

This is beautiful, Yvonne! I love the vintage feel to this and the color is amazing! Fabulous texture with the modeling paste, and the trims with the flower cluster are gorgeous!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! The texture is amazing!! I love the beautiful colors and the lace!! You decorated it perfectly!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Really amazing work my friend. All the textures going on here are fabulous.

Hugs~

Shelly said...

This is so pretty! Love it!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, I love the texture you created and the fabulous paper and lace. Beautiful.

Karon said...

Gorgeous! Love the texture and colour! TFS

~amy~ said...

Lovely...awesome colors/texture!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It