Thursday

Hello sweetheart mixed media canvas for Maya Road....a tutorial


Hello-sweetheart-mixed-media-canvas-by-Yvonne-Yam-for-Maya-Road

Hello friends! This month I am the guest designer over at Maya Road. Yay!  :) Here is the first of three projects I created for them...a 6x6 mixed media canvas.


I quite enjoyed the process of created something cutesy for a change...*winks* I've included a short tutorial to share how I created this project.


I started by adhering some medical gauze with gel medium to the canvas. Then I used The Crafter's Workshop stencil with some Golden fiber paste.


When that was dry, I coloured with some Faber Castell gelatos, blending the colours with some water. Then I applied some Liquitex heavy gesso to really bring out the textures of the gauze and fiber paste.


For the Maya Road chipboard pieces, I first painted them with gesso then with Golden and Daler Rowney acrylic paints.


Next I added some texture to the chipboard pieces using Golden glass bead gel. And when that was dry, I highlighted the textures with ColourArte Silks for some beautiful shimmer. Then I added some Maya Road vintage lace trim.





The last step was to assemble all the components together.

What do you think?

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

27 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, Yvonne, this is absolutely stunning!! Wow!! The texture is amazing!! I love all of the details you added!! Fabulous!! Congrats on your guest design spot!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

~amy~ said...

Congrats on your guestie gig! How exciting! Your canvas is awesome, such a great tut!

Jinny Newlin said...

So fun! Love all those textures to bits, and the turquoise and red combo is divine!

Annette Allen said...

yay congrats on guest designing.. this canvas is adorable.. you totally rocked it..

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh blimey this is one stunner of a creation...I just feel like reaching out and running my fingers over it!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Shylaashree said...

this is simply gorgeous yvonne, textures, colours, all elements are very pretty

lavina agarwal said...

Wow. This is perfect for my recent obsession for all things bird and bird house. .love it!
Amazing texture and color combo. simpley beautiful! !

Ashley Horton said...

Totally adorable Yvonne! I love the pop of Red with the Blue!

Lynn said...

I enjoyed learning how you achieved this fabulous look. I am always looking for ways to use gesso and the gelatos.

Lizzy Hill said...

I think you're the Queen of textures & that the way you altered that medical gauze is amazagobs! And the end result is gorgeous. LOOOVE the bright colours:):)

Lizzyc said...

This is so sweet.. love the bright colors and just love the birdie house..

Unknown said...

This is such a wonderful project! I love the vibrant colours!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Huge congrats on the GDT!! That is AWESOME! I love love love this! LOVING the birdhouse and the colors!!!!!!!

Radhika said...

Awesome .. Love it love it.. :)

Deepti said...

This is fabulous ! Love the glittery houses :)

Unknown said...

This turned out so cute. I LOVE all the texture your creations have. You are so good at that.

Hugs, Linda
My Happy Place

Unknown said...

Totally makes me smile! I love watching the birds outside my window fighting over the bird seed in the feeder. How they would LOVE your house!! Love the background. Such a great creation. j.

Karon said...

This is so beatuiful. Love those blues! TFS

Cindy deRosier said...

Very pretty! Love the sparkles.

Shelly said...

Oh! This is sooo SWEET! Love it!

dstandard said...

WOWSERS!!! This is just gorgeous! I love every single inch of it!

alexa said...

I've never used paste to create a background like this - great way of getting texture but pattern also.

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

Wonderful n stunning...loved every detail of it....TFS !!

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable, Yvonne! And huge congrats on your Maya Road guest spot! I love this! Bright and happy and fun, and tons of cool techniques, too. I love the grass made from lace. Love your background, too. And those birds with their little house are just adorable!

Lynnda said...

Congrats on your guest designer stint over at Maya Road my friend... This canvas is beautifully done! You rock! Hugs...x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so cute, love the colors and textures.

Caz said...

I love your collection of paints!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It