Tuesday

For the love of black lace...


Happy-birthday-LESSology

So my little challenge site LESSology turns 2 this month. And here's what I created for LESSology Challenge #29: Birthday Party - a frame with a birthday banner, an upcycled tin can and a dressed up box. With gorgeous black lace.



I had this really old wooden frame. Some of the black paint had already chipped off. I contemplated spray painting it but went in with a black Sharpie instead. [A lazy girl's solution!]


Then I adhered gorgeous black lace over the frame for a classy elegant look. Now, having used lace in many projects, I know it's easy to adhere it because of the intricate designs. That's why I love my Xyron 5" Creative Station. It provides an even adhesive all over - fast and not messy!


If you don't already know, I love tall round tins. I've been decorating them slowly so that I can totally "dress" up my dressing area... [will share when it's all done!]:)
This tin can was blue and was hard to cover up with patterned paper so I went with metallic spray paint instead. Krylon is my fave spray paint brand because I'm always happy with the finish [and the smell of the fumes doesn't get you high *LOL*].


Love this corporate gift box because there is a white panel that I could "dress" up with washi tape [the corporate gift was an optical mouse but I was more excited over the box! *LOL*].

P/s: Come celebrate with LESSology Challenge #29: Birthday Party! Last few days to play along with my guest Lisa's shaped card challenge! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous!!! Congrats and Happy Birthday on your challenge blog!

Tanvi said...

Fabulous!! Congratulations on completely two years of your blog.

Suman Pandit said...

Happy two years, many more to look forward to!! love the black lace creations.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous! Happy Blogaversary!

Lynnda said...

This set is fabulous!!! Because I love black lace!!! Woohoo... Congratulations..my friend.... I'm so proud of ya!!!!

Hugs...x

lisa said...

Wow Yvonne, that's stunning. I would never have thought to cover a frame with lace. xxx

Hussena said...

Totally Love this trio Yvonne ..I love the way you have used the lace in all your projects ..looks so beautiful and elegant !

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Congratulations!!!! Love your classy and elegant projects!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Happy Birthday Less-ology...but certainly hoping for more-ology!!!! Awesome projects Yvonne!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooo la la, what a gorgeous set you've created, Yvonne! I sooo love that black lace and you have used it in so many fabulous ways. Love the tip for adhering it with the Xyron machine. So classy and soooo beautiful!

Lizzyc said...

Wow black lace is very elegant as well as sassy!! These look fabulous!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Seriously in LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE with this set you have created!! WOW WOW WOW!!! I love it!!! That black lace makes it so elegant!!!

Laurel said...

This is just so gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous projects!! The black lace looks so elegant and stunning!! Love these!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

SD pooja said...

I don't get to see classy B'day creations suited for grown up often ! Your post is a yummy feast to eyes Yvonne !I loved the trio..classy n stylish !

Karon said...

This is stunning! Love the use of the lace and all that upcycling!! TFS and have a wonderful week.

sandi said...

Fabulous creations! I really love all of them......wow!

Cindy deRosier said...

Black sharpie to the rescue! I can't count how many things I've used a black sharpie on over the years. They are great for fixing scuffs on black shoes. :) Love your projects - the black lace is so sophisticated and feminine.

Ella Swan said...

That is such a great idea with the spray paint on the can. I was struggling with exactly that problem last night on an almost identical container & gave up & made a layout instead! Now to find my spray paint...

Unknown said...

Oh wow, how cool!!!!!! What beautiful creations!!

Ashley Horton said...

Your altered projects are always so beautiful, Yvonne!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Congrats! I love your elegant projects Yvonne!!
TFS~

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Happy blog birthday!! Love what you've done with the lace on these projects! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace


~amy~ said...

seriously wow.

Rose said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! and happy 2nd year to your challenge blog :)

Sandie said...

Happy blog anniversary Yvonne.... love your creations, and that black lace is yummy plus.

Chantalle said...

Doesn't time fly. Congrats! What a clever idea and awesome finish

alexa said...

Very classy and elegant ... The black is such a great foil for the pink too.

Susan said...

Love your project Yvonne. So elegant and yummy!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It