Wednesday

An altered book using Xyron, Graphic 45 and Petaloo products...


Altered-book


This week is a fun week as the design teams from Xyron, Graphic 45 and Petaloo join forces for an incredible week of creative projects and prizes. I got to play with Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells and Petaloo Darjeeling embellishments for my altered book. :)


I started with a hardcover book from the second-hand bookstore. I used a metal ruler and a box cutter to cut a window through the cover and some book pages. It do


Scrunch some wrapping tissue and adhere to book cover with gel medium. Then apply a coat of gesso all over.


Measure and cut Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells patterned paper for the book cover.

Colour parts of the book cover that won’t be covered by the patterned papers with colorants. I used Faber Castell gelatos.  Then I did some subtle text stamping and toned down the bright colours by smearing the ink from the marker with my finger.


The patterned papers are run through the Xyron 5” CreativeStation and then adhered to the book cover.


I taped up the cut pages with masking tape, then adhered some Petaloo trim to cover up the tape. Cut off the excess trim.


Add a decorative border using MT washi tape for a little more interest.


I painted the Blue Fern Studios chipboard frame with Daler-Rowney liquid acrylic and added Liquitex black lava medium for a sheen.


Fussy-cut the hot air balloon and adhere with Xyron foam squares from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit . Add some vintage buttons and Petaloo bloom.


Adhere chipboard frame to cover and decorate with Petaloo bloom and leaves.


Finish by adhering a Petaloo trim and a metal lock charm.



Don't forget to check out the XyronGraphic 45 and Petaloo blogs all week for creative inspiration as well as giveaways! Check out this awesome grand prize [as pictured]! :)

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

44 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

WOW!!!!!!! That is all. :)

Lizzy Hill said...

What a BIG project....amazing what you've achieved & it looks simply marvellous. Totally gob smacked by this one:)):)

Jessi Fogan said...

THUD.
That would be my jaw dropping at all the incredible details, Yvonne. Whoa!

Hussena said...

Wow!! this is simply incredible project Yvonne..Gorgeous gorgeous work and the details are simply Wow!!Love it :)

Susan (rainy) said...

This. Is. FABULOUS!!! I so so love that steampunk paper! Have some and must use it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Suman Pandit said...

If there is anything that can justify cutting up a book, it is this fantastic project of yours, Yvonne!!
love it!!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Amazing project and what fabulous details!

Lynnda said...

WOW WOW WOW... this is CRAZY!!!! I love this to bits!!! You are amazing Yvonne!!!!! You rock it!!! I am so inspired!... hugs...x

SD pooja said...

WOW !! This is AMAZING !! I loved how you have used the graphic 45 paper here !! the elements in the window look fab with the black chipboard frame !!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Seriously AMAZING!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! I am IN LOVE with this!!! Just gorgeous!!! LOVING how you created the texture!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Holy Cow, Yvonne! This is a work of art! Totally, totally stunning, my friend!

Laurel said...

You continue to amaze me, wow!

~amy~ said...

wowza.

Angi Barrs said...

The details are gorgeous! I just love that metal lock. And thank you for the info on the journaling pens. :)

sandi said...

Wow! This is just STUNNING! <3!

Jeanann said...

FABULOUS!

Laura S Reading said...

Thank you for a great tutorial. I had to pin.

Carol McCready said...

Great tutorial. Your book is fantastic.

Valentina said...

This is such a creative, beautiful project! Love it! TFS!

Karen Wedding said...

I'm going to have to dig out the old books that we were going to throw away. That is a cool project.

Ashley Horton said...

Gorgeous project Yvonne!! Love the pretty chipboard frame and the lock charm!!

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

wow yyam...this is a yummy feast to eyes...lots of beauty n gorgeous detailng it holds.....fab creation.

katslittlepassion said...

AMAZING!!!!! omg this is so beautiful!!!

Karon said...

Oh my goodness - this is absolutely stunning! Fabulous papers, embellishments and colours! Love it!

Mickie said...

WOW you make this look so easy and fun to do. Great way to recycle old books too! Adorable!

Annette Allen said...

mind blowing AWESOME..

Rea' said...

Oh this altered book is amazing... always wondered how to start, great tutorial; fun details with the lace and the metal pieces! I must try an altered book with a window... Thanks for the inspiration. The paper combo is great so fun too.

Unknown said...

Fun altered book. Love how you cut the cover as well as inside. great work and so cute.

Maggie said...

Fabulous altered book great fun I love it thanks for sharing great blog hope such fun and inspiration

MaggieH

Sandie said...

Wow, this is amazing .... must put that on my 'want to do list' which is I might add a mile long. Amazing!!

MirjamC said...

Wow this is really a beautiful project!!!

Shari said...

Jaw is still dropped...amazing project!!!

Unknown said...

WOWZER!!! This is totally amazing.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Love your altered book! Adorable!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

What an awesome project!!! Wow!

Miae said...

Wow, this is amazing! I have always wanted to alter a book like this...you nailed it!

chillin with Quillin said...

oh wow this is gorgeous, love it !!!!
Paula

Cindy deRosier said...

Best version of a book-shadowbox I've ever seen!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fab altered book!!!! I LOVE that red lace inside the book! And I LOVE that frame... the papers... the embellies.......LOVE LOVE LOVE it all:)

alexandra s.m. said...

Your altered book project completely blows my mind Yvonne! Fabulous!!
TFS~

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Asolutely beautiful, love it.

Lynnda said...

Big WOWZER!!! This is amazing!!! You are really good at upcycling!!!! Just brilliant!!!! hugs...x

Lisa said...

My good grief, this is stunning!! WOW!! WOW!! I absolutely love every single thing about it!! I've altered books before and they look amateurish compared to this!! You did an amazing job!! I love those papers!! So inspirational!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ella Swan said...

This is really beautiful & looks fantastic. Please explain what a box cutter is (an NT cutter/craft knife?) I'm scared of trying to cut through all that without chopping my finger off :/

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It